SAIC is seeking a Network Engineer to support the U.S. Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Innovation and Prototyping Directorate, Innovation and Prototype Operations Division (DCIO) through the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) contract. SAIC will work with SMC to modernize satellite ground systems for United States Space Force (USSF) operations, research and development and demonstration missions. to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers. The position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
Key responsibilities are:
- Conducts research, design, development, and testing of information processing hardware such as computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems, and electrical components.
- Designs new or modifies existing products, develops technical specifications for production, analyze hardware configuration and processing solutions, and test hardware conformance to specifications.
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance
- B.S. degree and a minimum of 9 years' experience in Hardware Engineering for Space or Missile Systems, Advanced Systems Development, or Ground Systems and Space Operations
- Understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field and general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office Product Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management
- Contribute to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
•Experience with formal software/Mission IT systems testing
•Experience with test tools
•Knowledge of formal software qualification processes and artifacts
•Experience creating formal test documentation
•Experience with Agile development teams
Apply on company website