SAIC has an immediate opening for an Enterprise Desktop Support Technician. The position will support the HQ USCENTCOM C4I initiatives at MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, Florida.
The Enterprise Desktop Support Technician shall provide support for day-to-day operations for USCENTCOM located at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL. The ideal candidate will provide 24 / 7 computer technical support to maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and restore computer and information systems to an operational status, to include personal computers, thin/zero clients, laptops, and peripherals. This is a deployable position, with travel both CONUS and OCONUS; as such, possession and maintenance of a current U.S. passport is required. The ultimate goal is to ensure data, voice, video, and communication requirements are correctly provisioned and operational to support assured communication between warfighters and Senior Defense Officials, Commander USCENTCOM and U.S. Ambassadors.
· Under minimal supervision provide front line support to end users to include interacting with network services, software systems engineering and asset management to restore service and/or identify core problems.
· Provides on-site technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of workstations and related software/hardware.
· Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and applies domain specific knowledge to return equipment to operational status within agreed upon Service Level Agreement parameters.
· Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups and customers in order to manage work flow in timely and professional manner.
· Responsible for removal and proper disposal of old equipment and data deemed Classified.
· Operational requirements dictate 24/7 manning; shift work will cover nights and weekends.
· Responsible for documenting, upgrading and replacing hardware and software systems.
· Supports and maintains user account information including administration rights, security and system groups.
· Responsible for implementing fixes and patches through various means such as registry edits, patch installation, Active Directory Security Policy configuration and various application testing.
· Install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain computers, workstations, laptops, thin clients, printers, scanners, and any other equipment within the scope of this task.
· Active DoD Top Secret/SCI is required in order to be considered for this opportunity.
· DoD 8570 IAT-II certification is requiredand satisfied by holding CompTIA Security+ (SY0-301) certification.
· High school equivalent and 5+ years of IT experience.
· Passport; position will be required to travel throughout USCENTCOM AOR.
· Extensive experience with troubleshooting Microsoft OS (Windows 7), Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite.
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment and non-standard hours when needed; mission focused.
· Self-motivated, creative, willing to work as a member of a team, organized and able to manage individual schedules.
· Extensive networking/client-server applications experience.
· Thorough knowledge of printers (hardware/software), specifically in an enterprise environment and in applying security measure to standard configurations.
· Desired certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP Windows 7, ITILv3.
· Remedy Help Desk, LAN/WAN troubleshooting, thorough understanding of TCP/IP based networking.
· Must be competent to work as part of a team on all phases of customer support to include physical activities such as moving printers, workstations, scanner and other items.
· Experience with image/load set deployment in an enterprise environment (Norton Ghostcast, PXE, image cloning).
Apply on company website