Desk Side Engineer ‐ Senior
Experience: Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience providing desk side support, acting as
specializing in troubleshooting complex and advanced end-user issues with hardware and software.
Must have a broad base of knowledge and be fluent in multiple IT disciplines such as computing and
networking. Must possess a High School Diploma. Degree may be substituted with 6 additional years of
related experience. HDI Technical Support Professional required within six (6) months of employment.
Duties: Responsible for providing desk side support to end users for complex issues regarding response
and resolution. Escalation point for Junior and Mid level desk side engineers. Ability to act
independently in a customer environment, as well as the ability to engage engineers from multiple teams
to troubleshoot issues. Troubleshoots complex issues that were unable to be remediated by junior and
mid level engineers. Updates status of queued service requests with the IT service management system.
Top 3 Qualifications, Skills, Experience or Certifications:
1. Advanced IT troubleshooting and resolution experience
2. Excellent customer communication skills, particularly with senior management level staff
3. Complete understanding of the Agency's Mission and IT's critical role in enabling success.
Job Role Specific Requirements:
Core responsibilities and duties; highlight day-to-day activities:
1. Committed to delivering consistent professional IT Operational support to Senior DOT Leadership
2. Troubleshooting and resolution of IT incidents experienced by Senior DOT Leadership
3. Service delivery of all DOT upgrades and process changes affecting Senior DOT Leadership.
4. Excellent communication skills able to effectively articulate IT procedures, and changes to his customers.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
1. IT Troubleshooting and Resolution
Note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years and has the ability to obtain a public trust
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website