If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER WITH A COMPANY THAT HAS A FUTURE
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE- INTEGRITY- FAMILY . As an Operations Supervisor, you'll be part of a fast-paced team, driven to succeed and empowered to develop your operations & managerial career. This is an essential industry and we've been in the game since 1933!
The “ Ops Supervisor ” assists the Ops Manager/Sr. Ops Manager with the operations and personnel for a shift of a particular location. The Operations Supervisor may have supervisory duties of employees on a shift, including but not limited to: Technicians-In· Charge, Customer Service Coordinators, Technicians, and Service Employees. The Operations Supervisor must be able to accomplish results and ensure business objectives and labor requirements are met. The Ops Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the customers' needs are being met while balancing financial, operating, quality, safety and asset targets against the requirements of the business. This position is responsible for the management of the location performance against metrics to meet and/or exceed assigned objectives. The Ops Supervisor will be cross functionally trained in order to be able to back up others within the shop. As with all Ryder shop positions, the Ops Supervisor, or “ Shift Supervisor ”, is responsible for adhering to all Ryder Maintenance Operations policies and procedures.
This role may be a developmental position to prepare incumbents for the Ops Manager role because w_e allow you to carve out your own career path and promote from within_ , based on performance. The continuous, on-the-job experience here at Ryder opens up other opportunities and provides a long-lasting career. This position comes with a competitive salary and yearly bonus. We also offer a full benefits package, 401k employer match, PTO, and a discount on shares!
YOUR JOB SEARCH ENDS HERE.
Shop Location- Austin, TX
Shift- Monday - Friday 2:30PM - 11:00PM
Annual salary plus bonus!
Check out these videos!
Ryder's most recently been named: “ Ryder Leaders Recognized as “Top Women to Watch in Transportation” in 2022 (https://rworld.ryder.com/member/post/3d510a1a-fb37-4372-9d26-10a49b6c6b39?uid=1358050&actr=Broadcast&actd=5086) ” by Women in Trucking, one of Fortune Magazine's “ World's Most Admired Companies , and ” one of “ America's Most Responsible Companies (https://newsroom.ryder.com/news/news-details/2020/Ryder-Recognized-for-Corporate-Social-Responsibility-Leadership-by-Newsweek/default.aspx) ” by Newsweek.
\#LI-post \#INDexempt \#FB
- Workflow Management:Responsible for work analysis, planning and scheduling, scheduling and assigning work to technicians, productivity tracking and optimization, shift and shop meetings, and RO review and approvalEnsures all warranty policies and procedures are executedResponsible for Triage of unscheduled customer drive-ins, and for communicating with customers and assigning work to technicians as appropriateResponsible for conducting yard checks to ensure proper work scheduling and prioritization
- Labor ManagementProvides management, training and development of all personnel assignedResponsible for Performance Management of all assigned personnel
- Customer Management:Responsible for customer relationship management to include issue resolutions, customer satisfaction and retention, as well as ensuring vehicle uptimeResponsible for customer communication protocol as it pertains to PM Scheduling & follow-up, breakdowns and vehicle status updatesConduct customer visits as required by the Customer Care Plan
- Asset Management:Directs his/her direct reports in maintaining the appearance and maintenance of assigned location, including sustaining 65 standards in all relevant shop areas of responsibilityEvaluates needs and makes recommendation for shop tooling and equipment requirementsAssist in the management and oversight of vehicle specifications and vehicle in· service/out-service processAssist in ensuring all vehicles have required specifications in SAMResponsible for Parts Inventory management, policies and procedures
- Quality Management:Responsible for Quality Inspections of PM & repairs, as well as performing In Process Reviews of non-PM workPerform breakdown root cause analysis, implement corrective actions locally, and when necessary, communicate issues to Technical Assistance CenterEnsure Cleanliness and quality of repair for all maintained vehiclesWork with Service Manager to ensure all technicians are properly trained and qualified, and TOPS plan is prioritized based upon Breakdown, Rework and Running Cost trendsMaintain control/visibility over shop floor activities to ensure proper root cause diagnosis by technicians and that the yield on all parts/components is optimizedAssist in the development and ensure implementation of Quality Assurance Audit Corrective Action plans and Continuous Improvement programsAccountable for maintenance of all relevant documentation required to meet and/or exceed local, state, federal, as well as customer requirementsEnsure Employee compliance with Safety and EPA regulations and requirements
- Financial Management:Responsible for ensuring shift/shop delivers against Net Maintenance Cost per Unit objectives without sacrificing quality, safety or customer satisfactionResponsible for cost control measures related to maintenance operations budget and location P&L statement to meet financial objectivesResponsible for successful execution of Maintenance Initiatives to attain or exceed specified financial targetsResponsible for Payroll, Purchase Order approval, as warranted, and invoice reconciliation, and fuel reconciliationResponsible for the customer bill back process to include identification, review and approval of bill back opportunitiesResponsible for ensuring proper documentation and explanation/ reporting of re·billable activityEnsure data integrity in the Shop Management Online system
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to professionally represent Ryder and competently interact with customer management
- Strong vehicle diagnostics/repair knowledge (preferred)
- Microsoft Office intermediate preferred
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- Associate's degree preferred or 1-3 years or more experience in a maintenance operations environment required. Demonstrated success in a Ryder role may be substituted for this requirement
- Bachelor's degree preferred or 1-3 years or more experience in a maintenance operations environment required. Demonstrated success in a Ryder role may be substituted for this requirement
- Maintenance and Technical experience in a shop environment required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with a Shop Management System preferred
- Microsoft Office intermediate preferred
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Maintenance
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website