DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required.The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- New Extended Family Leave and PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount Program
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company by managing all aspects of environmental control, clinical staff, equipment, and education of personnel. Responsible for ongoing analysis and evaluation of nursing services rendered to improve clinical outcomes. Plans and directs the delivery of safe, effective nursing care until the patient is discharged. The Clinical Director ensures that nursing care meets the standards of the profession, the policies of the Center, and is appropriate to the Center's patient population. The director will demonstrate leadership by working collaboratively to promote quality customer service and patient satisfaction.OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Directs and supervises all areas of nursing care.
- Maintains an effective and supportive working relationship with the Medical Director.
- Ensures that the day-to-day operations are conducted in accordance with clinical practice standards and the policies of the Center.
- Keeps Facility Administrator informed of clinical activities.
- Provides leadership for staff, promotes an environment in which all team members can work cooperatively.
- Oversees and administers staff scheduling.
- Coordinates staff assignments with charge nurse.
- Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of nursing care provided.
- Direct and provide for patient care in emergency situations.
- Maintain a high level of personal service to physicians and their patients.
- Effectively recruits and hires quality staff to ensure adequate staffing at all times.
- Administers effective employee performance management through continuous coaching and development.
- Administers appropriate corrective action in timely manner to address behavior/performance matters in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Understands and assists with implementing and maintaining personnel policies, employee benefit package, wage and salary program, and appropriate job descriptions that have approval by the Governing Body.
- Establish appropriate lines of communication, authority, and accountability as directed for the clinical operations.
- Attends and participate in MEC and Governing Body meetings.
- Understands regulatory standards (AAAHC, CMS, and OSHA) and assists in preparation for and compliance with regulatory agency inspections/audits.
- Conduct staff meetings at regular intervals for informative and educational purposes.
- Ensure the maintenance of equipment used in surgery and any ancillary equipment is done regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Implement Best Practices and follow-up.
- Assists with facility marketing efforts.
- Assists with implementing on-going risk management program.
- Completes variance reports as necessary.
- Supervises and participates in inventory count, as required per facility practice.
- Assist in annual budget preparation and evaluation of proposed new equipment.
- Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
- Attends all mandatory in-services, facility staff meetings and participates in emergency drills.
- Orientates and trains new employees.
- Completes annual competency and other required education as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of records and patient information at all times.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities timely and effectively in accordance with established company policies to achieve overall ASD objectives.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Acts as Administrator Designee in Administrator's absence.
- Nursing Diploma
- Minimum (3) years direct RN experience (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center surgical setting).
- Minimum (1) year clinical supervisory experience.
- Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS and PALS as required by facility.
- CNOR preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of business operations and the effect they have on the overall business results.
- Identifies underlying care management issues and trends.
- Knows when to apply proper care interventions.
- Effective problem solving skills to include data analysis and judgment to make effective decisions.
- Ability to apply tools and processes to successfully manage to staffing budget.
- Ability to assess work activities and allocate resources appropriately.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems, and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and accreditation standards.
- Possesses critical thinking skills.
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- Demonstrates attention to detail by ensuring that all documentation is legible, complete, and accurate.
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and included.
- Ability to maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meet and exceed expectations.
- Handles upset staff and patients by hearing them out, empathizing, apologizing, and taking personal responsibility for resolving the problem/issue.
- Objectively views a conflict from all sides.
- Performs mentally and physically taxing work effectively; retains the capacity for effective action or accomplishment over long periods of time.
- High Impact Communication - Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Has knowledge of patient rights and strives to improve patient outcomes by respecting each patient's cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen to others and openly expresses respect for differing opinions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Computer Skills – Demonstrated computer proficiency and proficiency in PC applications as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website