SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you looking for an organization that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at Parallon, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
As part of the HCA Healthcare family, we want to invest in you. Create a customizable benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. In addition to medical selections, you have the option to enroll in other perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, student loan repayment, and tuition reimbursement programs.
As an HIM Specialist, you will be responsible for routinely performing duties in support of the management of the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF)/McKesson Patient Folder (MPF) workflow queues, the resolution of unbilled accounts, and the processing of physician suspensions.
What you will do in this role:
- Resolve accounts in one or more assigned HPF/MPF work queues (e.g. Cancelled Accounts, Unknown Documents, Facility HIM, Workflow Trigger and Coding Pend for Queues), which requires research and analysis to determine the appropriate action to be taken
- Resolve unbilled accounts, may spend significant time researching to determine which issues belong to which department
- Assist in resolving accounts in the eRequest queue including payment window accounts, requests for sterilization forms, and pre‐certifications
- May coordinate or be instrumental in the physician suspension process by evaluating if documentation or circumstances warrant a physician be put on suspension and creating the list of recommended suspensions for approval
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 2 years' experience in an office or hospital environment preferred.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website