DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Certified First Assist Surgical Technologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change! We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Rio Grande Regional Hospital – McAllen, TX Certified First Assist Surgical Technologist - Operating Room Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community. With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient services. What you will do in this role:
- Manages the physical environment of the surgical suite. Monitors and directs the utilization of resources related to the care of the patient.
- Effectively communicates pertinent information to appropriate individuals.
- Displays dexterity in the use of surgical instruments and of step-by-step knowledge for specific surgical procedures.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
- Functions as a resource person.
- Participates in staff education and training by conducting in-services on surgical techniques and equipment.
- Assists in coordinating and expediting room turnover.
- Identifies normal/abnormal anatomy.
- Acknowledges consent in room with surgeon, anesthesiologist, scrub, and other team members present.
- Assists with positioning in conjunction with planned surgical procedures and the patient's needs.
- Performs skin prep when helpful to the team.
- Provides hemostasis by applying suture ligatures, ligaclips, and other ligating devices safely, as directed by the physician.
- Provides wound closure utilizing appropriate suture techniques, materials, and devices as directed by the surgeon.
- Applies sterile dressings and/or immobilization devices as directed by the surgeon.
- May access general supply storage areas where saline flushes and procedure trays are stored.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology required.
- Certified Surgical Technologist by the Liaison Council Certification of the Association of Surgical Technologist, NBSTSA or experienced Surgical Technologist with 3 years experience
- Assistant in Surgery – Certified (NCCT or ABSA)
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification required.
- Organizational and time management skills required
- Care and maintenance of surgical instruments
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website