BREAK GROUND ON A REWARDING CAREER WITH US!
At MDC Holdings, Inc./Richmond American Homes, we encourage a company culture that promotes professionalism, teamwork, health & wellness and work-life balance. If you are a results-driven professional with a passion for success, consider building a career with us. We're proud to be one of the most established builders in the industry, with 42 years of experience and 210,000 homes to our credit.
We are seeking a qualified Superintendent I to join our team for our Colorado South division. This position will coordinate the activities of new home construction according to the Company's standards and processes.
- Ensures quality assurance and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process
- Assists the Superintendent with the scheduling and coordination of subcontractors
- Coordinates the construction and completion of quality houses within desired time frames and standards set by the Company and the Project Manager
- Maintains inventory in a condition presentable to potential customers and within the acceptable standards of the Company
- Schedules and monitors subcontractors in the construction of houses, primarily after drywall of house
- Informs and trains sub-contractors regarding Company policies and procedures, including safety and OSHA compliance, and SWAPP and ADEQ compliance
- Implements company policies, procedures, principles and completes paperwork required by the Company
- Directs Detail Punch and Laborers as necessary
- Interacts with local municipalities to obtain all required inspections that conform to the master plan approvals
- Conducts the homeowner orientations, expedites completion of homeowner orientation letter items and orientation repair items within the desired time frames set by the Superintendent and Company
- Analyzes and understands local and national building codes and is able to manage projects within those stated standards
- Analyzes and understands the manufacturers' recommendations of the use and application of building products and is able to manage the use of the product
Education: High School Diploma or GED; 1-2 years relevant experience preferred.
Experience: One - three years of previous residential or commercial construction experience preferred, along with journeyman level experience in one or more trades used in the construction industry (i.e. electrician, framer, plumber etc…)
Skill in: Thorough knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints preferred. Basic knowledge of math and geometry required. Must have understanding of the technical aspects of construction.
Excellent organizational skills. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines. Must be able to maintain a professional appearance at all times.
Benefits & Perks!
While we value hard work, we also recognize the importance of having fun! Our employees enjoy a collaborative environment where they can freely bounce ideas off one another and participate in exciting teambuilding activities and outings, like trips to the ballpark, holiday celebrations, regular office socials and much more.
- Positive, collaborative team culture
- Competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA accounts, 401K, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and EAP
- Time Off benefits include: Vacation, Sick, Holiday, Bereavement, Jury Duty, FMLA, and Military leave
- Discounted pet insurance
- Home purchase discounts & more!
*All benefits are subject to qualification and hire dates. Not all benefits apply to commissioned sales people.
- Base Salary: $50,000-65,000
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Bonus Type: Quarterly Production
If you are ready for more than a job and seek a career with one of the most respected organizations in a top industry then we want to hear from you. Please also visit our website at www.richmondamerican.com for more information.
MDC Holdings, Inc. / Richmond American Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website