BREAK GROUND ON A REWARDING CAREER WITH US!
At MDC Holdings, Inc./Richmond American Homes, we encourage a company culture that promotes professionalism, teamwork, health & wellness and work-life balance. If you are a results-driven professional with a passion for success, consider building a career with us. We're proud to be one of the most established builders in the industry, with 42 years of experience and 210,000 homes to our credit.
We are seeking a qualified Cost Accountant to join our team to create, manage, and maintain individual job budgets for homes in inventory. This includes cost variance analysis and cost management during the life cycle of each home to ensure accurate lot costs.
- Controlling the PO process including issuing, cancelling and fixing POs in a timely manner.
- Identify and troubleshoot PO integration issues between systems.
- Detailed analysis of costs and development of cost analysis tools necessary to support cost control.
- Communication with the assigned division(s) to support cost containment and foster accountability and accurate costs.
- Review of closed homes and costs remaining to be paid at the time of close. This includes review, documentation, and cost control during the close process and six months after close.
- Review, analyze, and provide communication for extra PO spend and vendor transitions to ensure accountability and accurate costs.
- Communication with division leads and ad hoc analysis to support assigned division. This includes communication with multiple departments and an understanding of multiple processes to promote/change/ and improve process effectiveness aimed at controlling costs.
- Assist centralized accounting during month end close to provide support, and or assigned key analysis for the month end close.
- Additional analysis required to ensure effective cost containment and accurate payment
- This role will work closely with the Purchasing, Construction and Finance departments.
- Collaborates with the IT team and Finance team on improving reporting and system applications. Ad hoc analysis to meet divisional and corporate needs.
Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business or related field or equivalent experience may be considered and 1 to 3 years prior accounting experience preferred. Cost accounting roles and responsibilities. Prior homebuilding experience preferred.
Skills in: - Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills. - Must show skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others. - Good communication and interpersonal skills, detail oriented, team oriented, results driven. - Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Microsoft Excel is required.) - Prefer experience in Oracle based operating system.
Benefits & Perks
While we value hard work, we also recognize the importance of having fun! Our employees enjoy a collaborative environment where they can freely bounce ideas off one another and participate in exciting teambuilding activities and outings, like trips to the ballpark, holiday celebrations, regular office socials and much more.
- Positive, collaborative team culture
- Competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, 401K, etc.)
- Discounted pet insurance
- Home purchase discounts & more!
*All benefits are subject to qualification and hire dates. Not all benefits apply to commissioned sales people.
If you are ready for more than a job and seek a career with one of the most respected organizations in a top industry then we want to hear from you. Please also visit our website at www.richmondamerican.com for more information and to apply.
MDC Holdings, Inc. / Richmond American Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website