We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
**RETENTION BONUS** after 6 months employment and in good standing.
Candidate must reside in Buncombe, Madison, or Yancey county.
This is a night shift position and shift rotates 4 days on shift 2 days off shift. Holiday and weekend hours are expected based on rotation.
If you are a talented and dedicated Qualified Behavioral Health Professional or licensed individual looking for a satisfying career opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people facing behavioral and mental health challenges, join our team at RHA Health Services!
We are currently seeking Qualified Behavioral Health Professionals for FULL TIME Mobile Crisis Management (MCM) positions serving Buncombe, Madison, and Yancey counties. Applicants must meet criteria for "QP" status, LIVE IN ONE OF THESE THREE COUNTIES and have a minimum of one year crisis experience (ACTT, IIHS, Inpatient treatment facility, or other service providing 24/7 crisis response duties). As part of the MCM team, you would provide crisis response services in a variety of settings (community, doctor's offices, schools, provider offices etc.) with the goal of helping individuals in crisis to avoid inpatient hospitalization. We serve individuals of all ages and disabilities, although most commonly we work with adults that are in a mental health or substance use crisis.
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to utilize your crisis de-escalation skills, and to grow clinically. There is a great deal of on-the-job training with MCM where new staff work directly with current staff in a "shadowing" environment to ensure a smooth transition into the service.
This position consists of 11-hour on-call shifts from your home or the community. That means you are available to respond to a crisis event for the duration of your shift but when not engaged in an MCM activity, you are free to do what you like. The schedule for full time staff is non-traditional. Staff are on a rotation with several other staff providing services to the community. This is not an office based position. It is an on-call basis so you can work from your home or location of choice within the county. Staff are guaranteed 40 hours per week paid regardless of hours worked.
As a Behavioral Health Specialist you will be responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and revision to the Person Centered Plan in conjunction with the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
Additional responsibilities of the Behavioral Health Specialist include:
- Facilitating relationships and serving as a link between the company, parents, guardians, local agencies and the community
- Minimizing the negative effects of psychiatric symptoms or substance dependence that interfere with the recipient's daily living and personal development, providing supportive counseling
- Supporting the client in the development of various skill building activities, including: daily and community living skills, socialization skills, adaptation skills, and behavior and anger management
- Participating in a first responder on-call system available to consumers and/or his/her natural support network on a 24/7/365 basis; coordinates “first response" resources according to consumer need and the PCP
- Performing Case Management functions of linking and arranging for services and referrals
- Working closely with other clinical/professional staff to maintain communication and providing feedback, standardizing procedures and expediting PCP implementation
- Ensuring that all initial and reauthorizations for services occur in a timely fashion
- Monitoring utilization of service to ensure that it is effective, appropriate, and within the limits set forth in both rule, PCP, and the service authorization
Candidates for the Behavioral Health Specialist role are considered “Qualified Professionals" based on the following criteria:
- Bachelor Degree (Not Human Services field) & 4+ years full-time experience with population served OR
- Bachelor Degree (in Human Services field) & 2+ years full-time experience with population served OR
- Master's Degree or Higher & 1+ years full-time experience with population served.
- License, Provisional License, Certificate, Registration, Permit issued by governing board regulating human service profession.
- Human Service Degrees Include: Social Service, Sociology, Psychology, or other Human Service Degrees.
- Populations Served Include: Mentally Ill-Child, Mentally Ill- Adult, Substance Abuse-Adult, Substance Abuse-Child
RHA Behavioral Health Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work-life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes:
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance, Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
- Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
- Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
- Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
- Free CPR, first aid and job-specific training opportunities
Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve!
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
Apply on company website