Apply now »
Rexel is a global leader specializing in the multi-channel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world. Our mission is to offer our customers innovative and sustainable solutions to improve the comfort, security and energy performance of installations, infrastructure and buildings.
We Deliver The Best Customer Experience
We Join Forces For Success
We Encourage Innovation
We Engage People To Develop Their Talents
We Trust Each Other
We Enjoy Making A Difference
"At Rexel, we take the time to understand what matters most to you, this is how we build rewarding experiences and careers."
- Caroline Becker, VP HR
We are seeking a Sales Trainee to join our Gexpro team in Farmingdale, NY!
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Completing the Sales/Management Trainee program through orientation and practical experience.
- Completion of classroom instruction in the areas of product knowledge, warehouse operations, customer service and inside sales, as well as outside sales and marketing support.
- Gains familiarity with the day-to-day operations of the business. Achieves and maintains technical capabilities at required levels, participates in product meetings, seminars and training schools to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge.
- Learns and ensures completion and maintenance of operational documents and reports such as counter sales reports, shipping documents, tickets, price sheets and catalogues. Learns and becomes proficient in the computer tools and systems used in day-to-day operations.
- Gathers marketing information regarding customers, competitors and pricing and implements sales strategies set forth by senior management.
- Travels on sales calls and shadows sales professionals.
- Learns and becomes proficient in answering customer inquiries regarding their product needs and processing telephone orders, generates quotes and prices, gives delivery specifications and payment terms and offers substitute products where appropriate.
- Learns to build and maintain customer relationships and provide excellent customer service, be responsive to requests for information and establish priorities for processing transactions to support outside sales.
- Gets involved in communicating technical information to customers and co-workers.
- Works “hands on” in the warehouse to understand the logistics and operations of the materials flow. Performs all functions of the process including receipt of material, quality and quantity procedures, and documentation and reporting. Learns and performs order assembly and shipping procedures as well as the steps in the inventory tracking functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to work efficiently and balance numerous task/projects efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to support satisfying customer requirements.
- Cross functional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Highly self motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Detail oriented, excellent follow through.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Well versed with Microsoft Office as well as relevant ERP systems.
- Previous experience in operations is a plus.
- Previous office management experience or the equivalent is a plus.
Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 8 paid company holidays plus 3 flexible personal days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- HSA Accounts
- Commuter Transit Benefits
- Additional Optional Insurance such as Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Critical Illness, Home and Auto Insurance to name a few.
- Employee Discount Programs
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty
Apply on company website