Apply now »
As our world changes rapidly around us in the years to come, one thing we can be sure of is that it will be powered by electricity. We have a great company, selling electrical products, control systems and software that serve homes, buildings and industry. It is a wonderful place for creative, energetic people to build careers in our supply chain, branches, and advisory teams.
Thank you for giving us a look.
We are currently seeking a Rockwell Automation Specialist in our Western North Carolina market.
This position will be responsible for driving the region's business strategy to accelerate growth in the Automation specialist group (Power Distribution, Drives, MCC). The Automation Specialist will be the technical liaison between Rockwell Automation and Rexel, providing technical and commercial leadership to drive sales growth. Additionally, the expectation of the Automation Specialist is to commercially support the Services business as part of your day-to-day activities. The performance of this specialist group is measured on the revenue performance of the drives and MCC planning segments.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
• Domain expert for the business unit.
• Work with Account Managers and customers to uncover and qualify Rockwell hardware, software, and services opportunities at existing and new accounts.
• Analyze market conditions, develop an annual business plan and coordinate its implementation with Rockwell and Rexel Account Management teams.
• Define and grow new markets for emerging product technologies aligned with Rockwell's Connected Enterprise Initiative.
• Identify customer needs, propose solutions and work with Account Managers to close orders for assigned products.
• Effectively work through issue resolution to provide positive customer experience.
• Other duties as assigned
1) Technical Competency
• Effectively and accurately handles most technical questions for assigned products.
• Understand and support various complementary automation product offerings
• Provides selection and design advice for most assigned products in common
• Able to differentiate products/solutions from competition and promote the
differences as meaningful benefits to the customer.
• Basic knowledge of Panel Design, PLC's, Networks, Electronics, Power Distribution, and Intelligent Motor Control.
• Communicate commercial and technical product issues to Rockwell Automation and other product vendors.
• Develop competency programs for Distributor sales, specialists, and self
2) Marketing Competency
• Act as the point person for the Automation business strategy at the region level
• Support the development and implementation of the distributor business plan for
the Automation business.
• Analyze and document market conditions, competitive offerings and identify
opportunities for growth in the region supported.
• Be able to articulate Rockwell Automation's value proposition in the Automation
space both commercially and technically.
• Administer and implement marketing, promotion programs, and product launches
for the Rockwell Automation business unit.
• Lead Automation commercial programs, customer events and activities.
3) Sales Leadership Competency
• Exceed growth targets in business revenue and management objectives.
• Ensure sufficient funnel in the Power business space to achieve plan.
• Coordinate sales teaming efforts required to identify and close account conversions and projects
• Accurately document value added benefits that are provided by the offered solutions
• Presentation skills for both group and individual situations at all levels of customer organizations (Upper level management, Engineering, Maintenance, HR, Purchasing).
• Ability to identify customer needs, propose solutions and close orders. Able to identify and affect customer internal support processes which affect purchasing decisions.
• Ability to lead and coordinate sales teaming efforts amongst Rexel and Rockwell required to identify project sales opportunities.
• Ability to promote the value-add of the assigned products in competitive situations.
• Effective listening, communication, negotiation and consensus-building skills.
• Ability to transform product and service sales opportunities into system sales opportunities when appropriate (Motion Control, Drive Systems, Engineered Services, Connected Enterprise)
• Strong arbitration skills to effectively listen, communicate and gain consensus.
• Excellent computer skills within Microsoft Suite, virtual meeting software, and others.
• Leadership Skills.
• A four year engineering or technical degree or appropriate experience.
• Ability to identify and demonstrate technology solutions for customer applications.
• Understanding of Medium and Low Voltage Motor Control Solutions, Variable Frequency Drives, Power Distribution, Electronics, Motion Control Systems, Programmable Control Systems, Ethernet Networks.
• Ability to manage a project including pull through business of associated products from Rockwell Encompass partners as well as standard electrical goods.
• Valid driver's license for Region of business operation with a good driving record.
Rexel USA (A VEVRAA Federal Contractor), and its affiliated companies, is an EEO/Disabled/Veterans employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 888-739-3547 to let us know the nature of your request.Automation Specialist 99724 Asheville Rexel Automation Supply Chain Automation/Energy Solutions
Nearest Major Market: Asheville
Apply on company website