Retreat Doctors' Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
At Retreat Doctors' Hospital we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Retreat Doctors' Hospital!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN), on our ED, you will support our 12 bed unit for a mixed patient population like medical patients including cardiac, neuro, sepsis, minor trauma, urology, psychiatric..You will provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the hospital. While providingclinical and administrative support on the unit, you willwork closely with the clinical team to create and implement a care plan that meets each patient's needs. You will also coordinate unit activities and assure accountability of all assigned tasks.
- Your Primary function in this role is to instruct and educate patients and their family members.
- As a member of our ED you will administer all prescribed medications utilizing the 5 rights to medication administration, change dressings, clean wounds, and monitor vital signs.
- Our nursing team monitors, records and communicates patient conditions as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- You will serve as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care, including patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- One year experience in Emergency services is preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Licensed a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginiaor has a Compact license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 6 months of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 6 months of employment start date
- TNCC and ENPC as available
Henrico Doctors' Hospital has provided quality healthcare services to the Richmond community since 1974. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 340-bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. The hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in trauma, cardiovascular and neurological care, women's health, oncology, and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We are a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center. As part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we drive the state in minimally invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
We are proud to be the recipient of several national awards. The awards include Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics®, 100 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades, Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services and Treatment of Stroke, and Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award. We have many other Five-Star clinical achievements recognizing our heart, stroke, and critical care programs.
At Henrico Doctors' Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website