DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Risk Management and Patient Safety department. Submit your application today!
Our Risk Management and Patient Safety teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan forgiveness program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Located in the outskirts of Washington, D.C, Reston Hospital Center is a 231-bed acute facility, located in the vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for its lively mix of restaurants, shops, and services. We are a HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Directs the clinical risk management program, including the functions of clinical risk management, claims management, program administration and risk management education for the facility. Responsible for coordinating those systems necessary for identification, evaluation, monitoring, reduction and/or elimination of professional and general liability risk exposures. Will provide counseling and education to facility leadership, clinical personnel, board of trustees and medical staff members related to risk exposures including risk prevention and risk reduction. Participates in the management and support of professional liability litigation at the direction and under the guidance of the HCI Department of Claims.
Clinical Risk Management
- Facilitates development of Hospital Risk Management Program and correlates with facility's strategic plan.
- Conducts clinical risk assessments and analysis of complex organizational systems within the facility and facilitates development of corrective action plan.
- Conducts annual evaluation of the effectiveness of the Risk Management Program and develops/modifies goals as indicated.
Data Management and Complex System Analysis
- Formulates analysis plan for data management.
- Analyzes incidents/occurrences (up to and including formal Root Cause Analysis investigations) and identifies patterns as evidence for decision making.
- Provides guidance for an evidence based risk management program for the facility.
- Determines the appropriate investigative technique and strategies to utilize with various types of potential claims.
- Identifies those occurrences that are potentially compensable events and submits a PCR report to the HCI Claims Management staff.
- Oversees investigations of incidents that could lead to professional/general liability claims.
- Works with patients/families and visitors where appropriate to resolve outstanding issues within the guidelines approved by the HCI Claims Department and facility administration.
- Participates, at the direction of the HCI Claims Department, in the management and support of professional liability litigation, including coordination of discovery responses and development of case strategies where appropriate.
Risk Management Program Administration
- Develops policies and procedures to implement the Risk Management Program and annual risk management plan.
- Directs operation of the Risk Management Program including preparation of a budget sufficient to meet the requirements of the program within the facility.
- Provides direction to Board of Directors and the Medical Staff in the identification and analysis of significant risk issues affecting the clinical operations of the facility.
- Woks with HCI Risk Management Department to develop and coordinate risk initiatives at the facility level.
- Works closely with the Ethics and Compliance Officer and the Quality Director to ensure compliance with statutory mandates, regulatory requirements and accreditation standards of professional organizations such as TJC. (Statutory and regulatory requirements include but are not limited to the following: FDA, OSHA, EPA, EMTALA, Medicare and Medicaid provisions of the Social Security Act.)
- Disseminates information and research related to changes in regulatory requirements and clinical research pertinent to potential liability exposures and risk issues.
- Coordinates with facility administration and the medical staff office to monitor compliance of medical staff members, allied health professionals, and contract services with professional liability insurance requirements as defined in medical staff bylaws and/or contract.
Risk Management Education
- Develops and implements educational programs for employees, medical staff and board members based on analyses of risk assessments, historical and concurrent occurrence and claims data, and national trends.
- Maintains current knowledge and education in risk management and associated areas by attending HCI educational conferences, reading RISKWATCH and other educational materials, other pertinent information and research.
- Obtains a minimum of 20 hours of continuing education in risk management on an annual basis.
- Maintains membership in ASHRM and other state and local risk management societies.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a healthcare field required.
License: Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Certification: CPHRM - Certified Professional in Health Care Risk Management
CPPS - Certified Professional in Patient Safety: Grace Period- must obtain within 12mo of hire and maintain active certification.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years healthcare experience (clinical experience preferred). Minimum of 2 years experience in clinical risk management preferred. Supervisory and/or management experience required.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website