DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
Do you have the career opportunities as an Radiology Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Research Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.We are Currently Offering a $15,000 Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance for Qualified Candidates!
At RMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Radiology Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Radiology Technologists are responsible for accurately positioning patients and ensuring that a quality diagnostic image is produced. They work closely with radiologists, the physicians who interpret medical images to either diagnose or rule out disease or injury.About this unit:
· Our team is committed to patient safety, employee satisfaction, and above all else the care and improvement of human life
· By joining our team you will have the opportunity to provide excellent care in a rapidly growing acute care facility amidst an ever changing healthcare environment.Responsibilities:
- This is a part-time weekends position 6:00 am - 2:30 pm Saturday and Sunday
- Under limited supervision, the Radiology Technologist completes radiology procedures including fluoroscopic, plain film and myelograms.
- Technologists participate in Performance Improvement and Quality Improvement activities.
- Technologists work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedure manual and complies with all safety and infection control guidelines.
- Technologists work in accordance with JCAHO, State or other regulatory or accreditation agencies in the performance of their duties.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited program by the commission on accreditation of allied health education programs, American Medical Association or other accrediting agencies.
- American Registry of Radiology Technology (ARRT) or registry eligible with completion of examination within 12 months of hire to maintain employment.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
- Minimum of one year hospital department experience in Diagnostic Radiology and or completion of accredited Radiology program with clinical experience.
- Able to accurately complete sonography examinations as ordered by referring physicians.
- Experience with radiology information systems to obtain previous examination reports.
- Able to effectively, efficiently and safely operate various types imaging equipment and associated imaging peripherals (CR, PACS, RIS, etc.), following orientation period to the department. Routine use of office equipment (phone, fax, pagers).
- Strong interpersonal skills related to being able to communicate effectively, competently and confidently with all individuals (various types of customers, facility colleagues, etc.).
- Able to handle periods of intensity with calm.
- Able to work in stressful situations while maintaining composure and perform required Imaging Services duties regardless of the patient's condition.
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women's Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website