OBJECTIVE: Completes internal audits in accordance with the Bank's Audit Plan to ensure policy, process, procedural and regulatory compliance for all significant operations and systems of controls identified within the Internal Audit Risk Assessment.
The following is a list of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time and without advance notice. Management may assign new duties, reassign existing duties, or eliminate a function.
- Deliver Fanatic Customer Service: Always Exceed Customer Expectations
- Be the POWER of Red! Promises are always kept. One to say yes, two to say no. Bump it Up! Welcome everyone, make them feel special. Exceed Customers' expectations, every time. Recover the Republic way, make every wrong right.
- Planning and performing financial, operational and compliance audits assigned.
- Conducting audits to evaluate the overall internal control environment, appropriately assessing the risks in the operational areas of the Bank and identifying any areas of audit concern.
- Preparation of audit reports to departmental and senior management, including control deficiencies noted and related recommendations.
- Assisting the Audit Manager in initiating follow-up research on internal audit findings on the Issues Tracking matrix.
- Completing the quarterly Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) testing.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements such as, but not limited to, BSA/AML, GLB/Privacy, Ethics for Bankers, and Pretext Calling and Identity Theft. Completion of Compliance Training to ensure understanding of these requirements, as outlines in the Bank's core curriculum and this positions specific curriculum on Republic Bank University.
- Other duties or projects as assigned
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related and relevant course work preferred. Significant audit experience in the banking industry may offset degree requirement.
Five or more years of experience relevant to audit or financial services, with at least one to two years of banking experience preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Audit standards and practices, preferred
- Banking compliance knowledge, preferred
- Demonstrate initiative as a self started who can work with minimal supervision
- Good Communication skills, both written and oral
Skills and Competencies (continued):
- Strong analytical skills.
- Competent computer skills (Windows, Word and Excel).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain flexibility, adapt to a change environment, shift priorities as needed
- The ability to maintain confidential information.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Traditional office environment with no unusual work conditions.
Local travel to Store locations.
Republic Bank promotes an equal opportunity workplace, which includes reasonable accommodations of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please contact Human Resources with questions regarding the physical demands of this position.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs.
- Manual dexterity for computer work
- Speaking (fluency in English), hearing and vision are required to perform essential functions
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/V/D
Apply on company website