DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
RN Case Manager (Registered Nurse)
Case Mgmt. Dept, Full-Time (0.9 FTE), Days
For more than 38 years Raulerson Hospital has been providing the rural community of Okeechobee with quality healthcare and a personal touch. Raulerson Hospital is a 100-bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of medical and surgical services for both inpatient and outpatient procedures. It has been said that Raulerson Hospital offers what large hospitals can, but in a smaller setting. Although Raulerson Hospital employs more than 500 staff members, we are always seeking dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family. Many of the nursing students, who spend time at Raulerson Hospital during their clinical rotations, choose to join us upon their graduation, because they enjoy the friendly, helpful atmosphere among our staff and patients.
About the area…
Okeechobee is a place that almost immediately feels like home. A unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. Just a hop, skip and jump from many of Florida's cities and attractions, Okeechobee is an affordable place to live, a fun place to relax and a great place to thrive.
- Raulerson Hospital is the sole hospital provider in Okeechobee County
- Raulerson Hospital has been recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for five years in a row. We are one of only 117 hospitals in the nation to achieve this distinction.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment.Position Description:
The RN Case Manager works with physicians and other members of the multidisciplinary team to develop a plan for each patient from admission to discharge. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs continuous assessments and evaluations to ensure patient is progressing towards desired outcomes.
- Assesses and responds to patient/family needs by coordinating efforts of other team members.
- Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient care.
- Collaborates and consults with physicians on patient's progress and discharge planning needs.
- Performs utilization review ensuring admissions meet criteria for appropriateness of care and medical necessity.
- Manages the process to review and, as appropriate, appeal denials received from payors.
- Coordinates the discharge planning process ensuring involvement of all members of the healthcare team. Counsels with patients and family members in decision making and in meeting psycho social needs of the patient.
- Maintains knowledge of resources and facilities available to patients and family members.
- Collaborates with personnel at other facilities to coordinate smooth and effective patient transfers and transitions.
- Compiles, evaluates, and reports statistics to members of the team and utilizes the information to facilitate process improvement activities.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provision)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, BSN preferred
- CCM preferred
- Minimum 5 years of clinical nursing experience
- Knowledge of CMS guidelines and experience working with payer specific guidelines and contractual rules preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision meeting firm deadlines
- Assertive and persuasive communication skills, action oriented
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website