DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
**$15K Sign-On Bonus Available For Qualified Candidates!
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department
Full-Time (0.9 FTE), Mids
Since 1979 Raulerson Hospital has been providing the rural community of Okeechobee with quality healthcare and a personal touch. As the sole hospital provider in Okeechobee County, Raulerson Hospital is a 100-bed acute care facility offering a wide range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services. Raulerson is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) as a Primary Stroke Center and provides comprehensive multi-modality diagnostic services accredited by the American College of Radiology. Raulerson's surgical services include minimally invasive procedures, which can result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Raulerson Hospital is a unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, located in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. We are always seeking dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family. Many nursing students, who spend time with Raulerson Hospital during their clinical rotations, choose to join us upon their graduation because they enjoy the friendly, helpful atmosphere amongst our staff and patients. We invite you to learn more about us and our community.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Raulerson Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS, ACLS & PALS Certifications (American Heart Association or American Red Cross)
- Previous ED experience preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website