SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Clinical Dietitian Food and Nutrition Services Department PRN, Shifts Vary, 0.001 FTE Raulerson Hospital Okeechobee, FL
Since 1979 Raulerson Hospital has been providing the rural community of Okeechobee with quality healthcare and a personal touch. As the sole hospital provider in Okeechobee County, Raulerson Hospital is a 100-bed acute care facility offering a wide range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services. Raulerson is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) as a Primary Stroke Center and provides comprehensive multi-modality diagnostic services accredited by the American College of Radiology. Raulerson's surgical services include minimally invasive procedures, which can result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Raulerson Hospital is a unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, located in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. We are always seeking dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family. Many nursing students, who spend time with Raulerson Hospital during their clinical rotations, choose to join us upon their graduation because they enjoy the friendly, helpful atmosphere amongst our staff and patients. We invite you to learn more about us and our community.Position Description: The Clinical Dietician works under the direction of the Clinical Nutrition Services Manager to ensure that patient's nutritional needs are met. Visits, screens and prioritizes patient care based on acuity level, affecting the nutritional care of patients. Assesses nutritional needs, develops and implements nutritional care, and evaluates and reports these results appropriately. Coordinates these activities with the department's management team, cooperating with other areas of the department. Serves as a role model for the department.
- Appropriately documents medical nutrition treatment plan in the patient's medical record indicating all pertinent data and information.
- Completes and documents patient education i.e. food drug interaction, nutrition counseling as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Completes Nutrition assessments and reassessments on patients in a timely manner as dictated by internal and external regulatory standards.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of PPE with a thorough understanding of procedures to minimize exposure in keeping with the safety culture within the hospital.
- Conducts Nutrition Screening / Prioritization of care for all patients that need to be seen on a daily basis.
- Attends multidisciplinary care plan rounds on assigned floors as indicated by hospital and department policy and procedures.
- Takes on an active role in the reviewing / developing and or approving of the diet manual, patient menus, nutrition education materials related to patient care.
- Plans, implements, correlates and supervises all activities related to the total therapeutic diet program and the teaching related to therapeutic diets.
- Organizes functions of Nutrition services through the appropriate assignment of responsibilities, delegation or authority, and overall direction of the work flow process.
- Registered Dietician with the American Dietetic Association or RD eligible by meeting requirements for certification as a Registered Dietitian
- Licensure with the State of Florida, Department of Professional Regulation, Board of Medicine Required.
- Must become a Registered Dietitian and obtain license with the state of Florida within 6 months of employment.
- Must work under the direct supervision of the Clinical Nutrition Manager.
- Degree in Human Nutrition or related area required
- One year of experience in healthcare nutrition management preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website