The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as, be proactive, customer-oriented, and driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment. You will be self-motivated and enjoy independent fieldwork that will deliver extraordinary results. You will work effectively at various customer levels including dealers, contractors, consultants and government bodies, to educate, justify and successfully sell Rain Bird irrigation products.
The person will be required to drive the sales and marketing effort of the Landscape business to develop and gain market share in a highly competitive market.
- Sell contractors, municipalities or public entities, private companies and specifiers on using/buying Rain Bird landscape products and services
- Demonstrate to these customers Rain Bird's landscape products and services, their application, key benefits and ease of troubleshooting.
- Make field visits to landscape sites in order to solicit orders for product and service sales
- Coordinate sales efforts with the Distribution Manager and possible key distributors to secure Rain Bird turf sales
- Participation in demo days, road shows, customer fly-ins and trainings, tradeshows and regional sales meetings
- Managing phone basic technical support to all customers/users in local language
- Strive to differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior customer service, high visibility and aggressive call coverage cycle
- Maintain & utilize customer data base for direct marketing and communication efforts
- Undergraduate university degree
- 5+ years' work experience in sales or equivalent
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Word & Excel
- Self-motivated, team player, aggressive, and strong communication skills
- Fluent in both German and English
- Enjoys traveling at least 70% of the time and live within the region
- Experience in the irrigation industry
- Intermediate level or fluency in French is a plus
The information collected during the application process will be processed electronically by the Human Relations Department of Rain Bird Europe and Rain Bird Corporation. The data will be accessed by Rain Bird Human Relations personnel located in France and the United States as well as the Rain Bird managers involved in the recruitment process. No data will be communicated outside of Rain Bird. Our applicant data is hosted by iCIMS in the United States. iCIMS is self harbor certified. If your application is performed through our website and into our iCIMS recruiting application, all data marked with an (*) are mandatory and must be completed so that we can process your application. The information that is not marked with an (*) is optional and not answering this information will not affect the outcome of your application. If you are based outside of the United States, please select that you wish not to self-identify for the purpose of EEO statistics. You can access and modify your data by requesting it with Rain Bird Europe Human Relations at the following address (please join a proof of ID): Rain Bird Europe Human Relations BP72000 900 rue Ampère 13792- Aix-en-Provence France Alternatively, if you have created an iCIMS account with us during the recruitment process, you can log in into your account to rectify your data at any time. In addition you have the right to object to the treatment of your personal data if for a legally valid reason.
Apply on company website