Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryFunctions as a clinician and resource, providing education and training for patients with diabetes, their families, staff, physicians and the community.
- In collaboration with the Diabetes Self Management Program (DSMP) staff, assesses the physical, cognitive, emotional and educational needs of the diabetic population.
- Based on assessments, assists with the determination of the type of education program that best suits the individual's needs. In collaboration with the physician and other health care professionals, develops individual plan of care.
- Utilizes clinical judgment and critical thinking skills in assessing and analyzing patient data as well as evaluating patient responses to therapy. Guides patients in making personal goals in order to improve their health and better manage their diabetes.
- Provides evidence based nursing care and knowledge of new modalities in the treatment of diabetes. Serves as a resource to other GHS staff caring for diabetic patients, providing formal and informal education, as needed.
- Participates on the Diabetes Advisory Committee; determines and participates in process improvement projects. Uses data to improve the processes used to care for diabetic patients; reports results and trends to the committee and continually evaluates and improves the program.
- Assists in developing, evaluating and revising diabetes education guidelines in accordance with ADA standards, the JCAHO standards for disease specific care and with Medicare guidelines.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- 3 years of experience in Nursing, including diabetes education experience
Current South Carolina RN License (Lawson Code NLRN)
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
Team members employed in this job prior to July 1, 2020 are grandfathered under prior educational and experience requirements. In addition, team members must be certification eligible and will have two year to obtain required certification.
Other Required Skills and Experience
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Facility1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Department10087450 Diabetes Self Management Prog
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website