Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryPerform routine assistive tasks to assist the Registered Nurse to meet basic patient needs, unlicensed assistive personnel. Accountabilities
- Assists patient with needs associated with personal hygiene. Duties include, but are not limited to, bathing, washing hair, brushing teeth and hair, and washing hands.
- Assists patients with needs related to nutrition and feeding. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with feeding, drinking, and setting up meal trays.
- Assists patients with needs related to ambulation. Duties include, but are not limited to, dangling, walking, walking with assistive device, and implementing fall prevention measures under the direction of the registered nurse.
- Meets patients' needs related to elimination. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting patient with getting to the bathroom, using a bedside commode, using a bedpan, and/or using a urinal. Accurately monitors inputs and outputs.
- Accurately completes and documents patient vital signs. Duties include assessing blood pressure, pulse, temperature, heart rate, and oxygenation via pulse ox or ETC02. Reports abnormal values to the registered nurse.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) course or nursing fundamentals from accredited organization required.
Previous CNA or CMA or related experience preferred. One year hospital clerical experience preferred.
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Noted Above
Team members employed in this job prior to July 1, 2020 are grandfathered under prior educational and experience requirements.
Other Required Skills and ExperienceCurrent CPR Heartsaver required. Basic Life Support, Heartsaver certification or higher preferred. Candidates must successfully complete PrismaHealth unit secretary course and training within 90 days of hire.
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Facility1520 Baptist Hospital
Department15206503 5th Long Med/Surg
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website