Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThe clinical nutrition manager (CNM) is responsible for day-to-day management of patient care, clinical assessment, nutrition support, education, medical nutrition therapy, documentation, and monitoring of clinical nutrition team members. The CNM ensures consistency and quality of standards for optimal nutrition care to comply with regulatory agencies. The CNM establishes policies and procedures, participates in budget planning and cost containment as well as serves as the primary advisor to the Food and Nutrition Department. All Prisma Health team members are expected to inspire health, serve with compassion and be the difference. Accountabilities
- Directs patient nutrition care including nutrition support, medical nutrition therapy, and education to ensure optimal quality nutrition service. 30%
- Develops quality programs to meet patient needs and ensures delivery of quality care for inpatients/outpatients including oversight of quality improvement and productivity.15%
- Responsible for ensuring nutrition service compliance with regulatory agencies and develops policies and procedures to meet requirements.15%
- Interviews, hires, trains, orientates new clinical team members. Completes employee rounding, performance evaluations, work and on-calls scheduling as well as mentoring dietetic interns. 15%
- Represents Clinical Nutrition in organization committees and coordinates services projects with other departments. 5%
- Participates in budget planning and monitoring. 5%
- Provides guidance and direction in establishing and maintaining standards of nutrition care and nutrition support formulary. 5%
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in professional organizations and maintaining relevant continuing education .5%
- Participants in patient menu development and modifications. 5%
Bachelor's degree from an Academy of Dietetics (AND) accredited institution and/or approved internship program
5 years Clinical Nutrition experience in Acute Inpatient/Outpatient Care and Leadership experience
In Lieu Of
In Lieu of the education and experience requirements noted above, …..
Required Certifications, Registrations, Licenses
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) Registration
South Carolina Dietetics License
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Maintain 75 hours of continuing education every 5 years
Knowledge of AND, Joint Commission, department of Health and Environmental Control and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Master's degree with 5 years of clinical and leadership experience preferred
Basic computer skills
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Facility1001 Corporate Services - Upstate
Department10718004 Clinical Nutrition
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website