Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThe Residency Program provides a structured educational program for the benefit of the residents. Under the supervision of the Program Director, and in collaboration with the GME office, Vice Chair of Academics and other program managers, directs the daily operation of the residency program office, ensuring smooth flow of planning, preparation and execution of activities related to maintaining program accreditation, residency recruitment, resident education and wellness. Acts as a resource for the Program Director and residents and is responsible for administration of the residency program in accordance with the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accreditation requirements under the guidance of the GME office.
- Coordinates resident education and program documentation including, but not limited to, resident orientation, rotation schedules, faculty schedules, didactic schedules, resident/faculty/program evaluations, compliance with regulatory requirements, payroll, resident duty hours etc.
- With the Program Director, formulate and implement regulatory affairs policies and procedures to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained or enhanced. Monitors compliance with ACGME requirements; anticipates and identifies deficiencies and notifies Program Director(s), makes recommendations, implements changes. Assembles material for accreditation site visits, Annual Program Evaluation/ GME Program Reports/l AHEC Report.
- Oversees the preparation and submission of reports to governing bodies. Interacts with outside governing bodies to ensure seamless information exchange (e.g., Board Specialty, ACGME, GME Track, Frieda, NRMP, ERAS, etc.).
- Understands and applies accreditation requirements as well as state and federal regulations for licensure, malpractice, visas, etc.
- Creates/Maintains effective and efficient tracking processes for resident compliance. Assists in scheduling of learners from outside entities (MedEx Academy, Residents from other programs within Prisma Health, Allied Health Professionals, etc.)
- Reviews personnel requirements and maintains files to maintain credentialing.
- Communicates the policies and benefits of the Residency and/or System, participating in orientation and maintaining time away records for employees.
- Directs the annual revision of the department residency policy manual, and assists the Program Director in the creation and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Provides communication to the faculty and residents to ensure compliance with the established policies and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison to the Program Director for residents and to other residency programs by maintaining regular communication with all departments residents rotate with.
- Directs residents to appropriate system resources to address and resolve employee relations issues.
- Maintains employee databases, for annual scheduling, evaluation management, procedural credentialing, and CMS graduate medical education registration.
- Schedules and prepares semiannual evaluation (summative review) and quarterly advising sessions for all residents.
- Works with program leadership develops a marketing plan to recruit applicants. Maintains/updates internet resources to solicit candidates.
- Evaluates trends in recruitment and the job market to recommend recruitment strategies. Ensures annual registration with NRMP/ERAS.
- Screens applications based on the needs of the residency, required credentials and legal recruitment guidelines and facilitates the interview and hiring process with department leadership. Assist Program Director/Faculty in formulation/entry of NRMP Rank Order List.
- Obtains documents necessary for administration to invite applicants to interview (through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and direct communication).
- Implements procedures for coordinating candidate interviews with Program Director/Program Faculty and candidate.
- Orchestrates residency applicant interview day. Coordinates faculty/resident attendance at various recruitment fairs throughout the academic year. Attend various residency recruitment activities throughout the year. Plan program specific recruitment activities.
- Coordinates/Schedules activities with medical school specialty interest. Maintains appropriate communication with residency applicants prior to the Match.
- Maintain all residency department records.
- Prepare and coordinate credentialing for incoming and current residents with the State Medical Board, SC DEA, FED DEA, Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB), ACGME and Board Specialty.
- Draft recommendation letters and verification of training forms.
- Maintain documentation for board eligibility.
- Ensure all residents schedule/complete required certification exams
- Draft, maintain, monitor, and steward the residency program's operational budgets.
- Complete travel arrangements for residents and assigned faculty physicians.
- Submit invoices, check requests, and travel reimbursements in a timely and accurate manner to Accounts Payable for payment.
- Maintain records of market increases and impact on program
- In coordination with the Program Director, plan, organize, and implement training and development programs for residents ( needs assessments, Individualized Learning Plans, Advising, Semi-annual reviews, etc)
- Assists in planning Grand Rounds, Case Conferences, Basic Science lectures, simulation center coordination, Annual Symposiums, and all the CME management therein.
- In coordination with Program Director(s) and Chief Residents, prepares master resident rotation schedule.
- Schedule, direct, and proctor the department's annual in-training examination
- Coordinates ACGME required Graduate Surveys
- Ensures timely completion of all evaluations, surveys, etc as required by regulatory agencies.
- Maintains professional growth and development through educational programs, workshops, current literature, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
3 years- Clerical/administrative experience. Experience within a healthcare setting is preferred.
Other Required Experience
Previous experience with medical residency programs - Preferred
Previous experience in adult education or Graduate Medical Education (GME) as well as familiarity with ACGME, AAMC and other accrediting/credentialing organizations - Preferred
C-TAGME Certification - Preferred
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Location15 Medical Park Rd Richland
Facility3530 Psychiatry Administration
Department35301000 Psychiatry Administration-Practice Operations
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website