Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryResponsible for service technician functions within the Equipped for Life department.
- Works as patient contact in coordinating and then safely delivering, transferring, and picking up equipment and supplies.
- Evaluates and educates the new patient / caregiver in areas of company overview, patient rights and responsibilities, advance directives, infection control and equipment cleaning, home safety, emergency preparedness, and use of equipment and supplies.
- Curbside cleans equipment and transports appropriately. Maintains organization and infection control responsibilities in the vehicle and warehouse at all times. Cleans, bags and tags equipment appropriately. Assures that equipment selected for deliveries is clean and patient ready.
- Assures that all preventive maintenance visits are made in coordination with schedule. Completes a check list designed to assure understanding and appropriate use of equipment and supplies. Communicates any patient concerns to a respiratory therapy staff member or manager.
- Encourages patient to complete Patient Satisfaction Survey and instructs the patient on where they can find that survey in the booklet.
- Educates the patient / caregiver in regard to financial responsibility and how medical equipment billing is accomplished.
- Provides patients / caregiver with a copy of the delivery, switch out or pick up ticket with all items listed accurately. Collects serial and lot numbers for appropriate equipment / supplies. Assures appropriate signatures are collected and witnessed.
- Reports any shortages of inventory equipment / supplies to the warehouse coordinator so that replacement(s) may be ordered immediately. Maintains adequate supplies on vehicle.
- Submits all completed paperwork within one working day.
- Rotates on-call with other service technicians and acts under the guidance of the on-call therapist.
- Assists in receiving purchased equipment / supplies, testing and documentation of new equipment and placing into active inventory. Assures that all mail outs are completed daily with associated documentation.
- Education - High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience - 2 years- Patient education / delivery or Customer Service
- SCDL-South Carolina Driver's license
Other Required Skills/Experience:
- Current SC Driver's License with dependable, insured vehicle- Required
Work ShiftVariable (United States of America)
LocationEquipped For Life
Facility4003 Equipped For Life
Department40037403 Equipped For Life DME-Upstate
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website