DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Portsmouth Regional Hospital Seabrook ER, is staffed with board certified emergency room physicians and nurses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- 11 Emergency room bays, including a fully equipped Trauma bay
- Separate pediatric & adult waiting areas helps alleviate younger patient's anxiety
- All private treatment rooms
- Diagnostic & portable X-Rays
- On-site full service laboratory testing
- Vital information for heart patients will be able to be transmitted to the Seabrook ER, just as EMS crews would do at Portsmouth Regional Hospital
- Patients needing to be admitted to an inpatient bed will be transported to the main campus with seamless care handoff to our excellent intensivist and hospitalists
• Be a part of Portsmouth Regional Hospital! Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
• Be a part of HCA (Hospital Corporation of America)! HCA, is the nation's largest provider of healthcare services.
What will you do in this role?
· Perform computerized axial tomography and XRay procedures. Review patient history and pertinent information. Explain procedure and position according to protocol.
· Administer contrast material, according to physician's request, by means of an existing IV line or by performing venipuncture and placing IV line; recognize and respond to hypersensitivity or allergic reaction.
· Select proper technique/protocol to obtain optimal data; perform scan, evaluate images and send to print network and/or workstation.
· Organize daily work schedule and respond to emergencies as they occur.
· Perform daily calibration check on equipment; clean and perform minor maintenance procedures. Log problems and usage; alert supervisor as appropriate. Maintain wall units.
· Participate in continuing education.
· Perform on-call duties and/or work variable shifts as assigned to meet department needs.
· Provide for patient care; comfort, safety and patient confidentiality and report any patient care problems to Director.
· Demonstrate competency in the use of all applicable aspects of the CIS, RIS, and PACS.
· Ability to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected needs of the department and hospital.
· Able to handle a highly active environment and work independently
· Fosters staff development, teamwork, and effective communication.
· Strive to develop a team environment with all disciplines working at the site. Per the direction of the FSER Management perform other duties as assigned to ensure effective patient and operational flow of the FSER. Duties could include but not limited to greeting patients, assisting with EVS duties etc.
Required: ARRT and at least one year experience in Diagnostic Radiology
Preferred: One-year as a CT technologist
Required: Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology. Responsible for continuing education credits as mandated by the ARRT for licensure
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (Required or Preferred)
American Registry of Radiologic Technology (required)
Current BLS certification (required)
ARRT - CT Technology (preferred)
American Society of Radiologic Technology (preferred)
IV Competence and experience (preferred)
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website