PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women's health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation's Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation's top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
Educates staff to competence according to variance trends, standards, regulations, core measures, and best practices using a variety of teaching methods in order to achieve staff role clarity, professional role confidence, and proficiency. RN Clinical Education Specialist is a leader change agent working in collaboration with the health care leadership team to provide multi-disciplinary approach to health care. Position requires knowledge in performance improvement, clinical outcomes, and emergency nursing. Position applies quality improvement methodologies for emergency services and select disease specific conditions in accordance with the organization's Performance Improvement Plan. Coordinates the collection, analysis, educational plan, and documentation build necessary to meet best practice initiatives, improve staff performance, and quality outcomes. This position is a leadership position within the Emergency Department supporting the Clinical Director and Department Supervisors.
- Refined written and verbal communication skills, Critical thinking skills, Organizational and problem solving skills, Basic computer skills, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to work independently
- Customer service and conflict resolution
- Nursing and adult education theory knowledge
- clinical and interpersonal competence
- Current California RN license, Bachelor of Science required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association.
Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association.
- Current Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) from the American Heart Association.
LA City fire card within 6 months of employment.
- Non-violent crisis intervention training annually.
- Two years clinical experience and one year teaching experience.
- Demonstrated teaching ability in formal and informal setting.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement tools and techniques.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Apply on company website