Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs.The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx handle more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center.
- The Patient Safety Officer (PSO) serves as a champion of safety culture and patient safety, leading the development and implementation of programs supporting these efforts on both.
- This role is a 0.6 FTE position, with the remaining 0.4 FTE dedicated to clinical services commensurate with their specialty.
- It is anticipated that the PSO will split their time working with safety champions and clinical teams at both facilities.
- The Patient Safety Officer reports to Chief Quality Officer.
- Informs the optimal Patient Safety structure, with a focus on National Patient Safety Goal.
- Advances TEAMStepps and Just Culture.
- Informs efforts to improve LeapFrog and STAR.
- Works to promote "Good Catch/Near Miss" reporting and translates the learnings into performance improvement.
- Leads the hospital-wide daily leadership huddle 1-2 times per month.
- Attends hospital Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) Committee meetings.
- Leads efforts to promote Patient Safety awareness, including events during National Patient Safety Week.
- Medical Doctorate
- Possess or be eligible for a New York State License
- Board certification in a Medical Specialty
- Managerial/Leadership Experience in a Quality Improvement/Patient Safety role
- TEAMStepps Master Trainer Certification
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose...
Apply on company website