Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
The department of OBGYN is a unified department across two campuses, Jacobi and North Central Bronx. Both facilities are members of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the country, and serve the diverse community in the surrounding neighborhoods of the Bronx and lower Westchester County. Jacobi and North Central Bronx (NCB) are major clinical affiliates and teaching sites of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and have recently developed a teaching relationship with City University of New York. Jacobi is a 457-bed tertiary referral center with a level 3 NICU. NCB is a 232-bed community hospital with a loyal patient following. Both sites are designated baby friendly and together deliver approximately 3000 births annually.
The faculty represent all specialties within OBGYN including MFM, genetics, gyn oncology, minimally invasive surgery, urogynecology, and reproductive endocrinology. We have a collaborative practice model with midwives practicing full scope midwifery and physician assistants supporting the antepartum and perioperative services. The department focuses on delivering the highest quality care to our patients. We employ multidisciplinary simulation, huddling, and debriefs to promote teamwork and standard care to continually improve our processes. We have an experienced faculty that is eager to develop academically and work collaboratively with nurses, midwives and physician assistants to deliver the highest quality care to our patients in a safety net setting.
The position requires a minimum of 90% of time allocation to clinical practice according to the clinical strengths of the candidate. The remainder of the focus will be on administrative efforts to enhance patient safety in the inpatient setting and during transfers of care, to assure quality care for patients admitted to Labor & Delivery and Postpartum, and to promote adoption of best practices for efficient and cost-effective care amongst the clinical providers of all disciplines.
- Clinical Expectations
- 90 % Clinical effort
- L&D coverage is 12 hour shifts M-F 6 shifts per 2-week block (72 hours clinical with 8 hours of admin)
- One 24 hour weekend call per month
- Participation in Simulation, QI committee, and/or Policies & Procedures
- Participate in Performance Improvement projects
- Academic/Professional Interactions
- Ensure a culture of open dialogue with all staff and promote healthy team norms by holding debriefings.
- Ensure a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department.
- Identify and address areas of inequity by promoting activities that build awareness and acceptance of all individuals.
- Assist in ongoing professional evaluations of individuals within the department
- Involvement in education and support of all disciplines including medical students, midwifery students, family medicine residents and fellows, nursing students.
- Doctoral Degree (M.D. or D.O.)
- Current or eligible for a New York State License
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Minimum 3 years post-residency clinical experience and preferred administrative experience
- OB Hospitalist with an ability/willingness to cover In-house OB/GYN service call.
- Demonstrated success within an Obstetrics & Gynecology Department. A track record of delivering strong results in mission-driven organizationspreferably those serving vulnerable and ethnically diverse populations.
- A history of working successfully with Nurse-Midwives, Women Health Nurse Practitioners, and physician assistants preferably in a collaborative practice.
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose...
Apply on company website