In this role you will be the primary contact for all yard activity relating to the movement of trucks, trailers, freight, and traffic for drivers including trailer location / rotation.
This position supports the midnight shift
- Creates yard layout and trailer movement schedule (known as “shunt schedule”)
- Interfaces with Security as needed regarding safety, accidents and customer policy
- Conducts yard audits and ensures accuracy of information in internal and/or external electronic systems through accurate data entry and audits
- Performs necessary reporting functions
- Accountable for maintaining a safe work environment
- Meets deadlines for reports and activities
- Adherence to company guidelines and expectations
- Other projects as assigned by the Supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience using a dolly crank & bolt cutters required
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
- Entry level skills with Outlook and Inter / Intranet use
- Organizes own work and the work of others to achieve goals in a timely manner
- Assess situations to determine the importance and urgency; determine and act on next steps or escalate as required
- Reviews, selects and disseminates information regarding key technologies, best practices, and tools to others in the group
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment
- May lead small groups in work function or across functions
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems
- Determines appropriate next steps, manage multiple functions and executes deliverables in a timely manner
- Works well with limited supervision. Exercises strong time management skills. Takes direction on career development
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete a Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website