Monitors, tracks and provides information about overall yard operations relating to the movement of trailers and freight (i.e. facility location, standard yard operations, window times, reporting).
Midnight shift or as scheduled by a shift supervisor
- Acts as the first line of contact for customers' routine reporting requirements
- Establish and maintain reporting, recordkeeping and retention policies for internal records, ensuring corporate and regulatory compliance
- Provides customer with status updates
- Monitors route status
- Provides information to third party resources
- Escalates all non-routine customer inquiries appropriately
- Manages and issues equipment as necessary
- Performs general administrative office duties (i.e. mail distribution, filing, reporting, reconciling invoices, data entry)
- Accountable for maintaining a safe work environment
- Adherence to company guidelines and expectations
- Other projects as assigned by the Supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year of customer service experience preferred
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Inter / Intranet use
- Ability to work rotating shifts (Mornings, Afternoons and Overnights) required
- Strong problem solving and organization skills required
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete a Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12.5kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12.5kg.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website