We've got the keys to a rewarding career, drive on over to Penske!
If you're happy helping customers, you're a perfect fit! Penske Truck Leasing seeks highly motivated and qualified applicants to fill the part-time position of Hiker (Vehicle Transporter/ Truck Driver) in Everett, Washington.
Click below to see what makes Penske great!
The upside to joining Penske is just beginning.
You will use your hard-earned commercial driver's license to deliver trucks and return vehicles to Penske locations and Penske customers. You don't lift heavy equipment, parts or product.
You're outside, interacting with customers while working a flexible, on-call schedule - up to 25 hours. At the end of your shift, you're home.
Along with the flexibility of being a hiker, you earn some income to supplement your lifestyle.
What else do the hikers do? Primarily, this position moves our box trucks up to 26' and for CDL Class A will include tractors and trailer movement. Position may also provide assistance to the service department to deliver parts and equipment.
The shift expectations are:
Mon. - Fri. from 3 pm to 8 pm
Other duties include:
- Follow appropriate safety procedures while driving trucks to destination of Penske location or customer location
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order, report to location manager if any issues are found
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicle
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
To succeed in thisrole, the ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Two years of driving experience required
- Two years of a clean DMV motor vehicle record required
- CDL Class B license required
- CDL Class A license preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to work independently, customer service skills, organizational skills, and a positive attitude are required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Thephysical and mental demands described here are representative of those thatmust be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions ofthis job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
Theassociate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilitiesrequired by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the associate will be required to movefrequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required touse hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. Theassociate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg andoccasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Theassociate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely andfrequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an EqualOpportunity Employer
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck LeasingCo., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of PenskeCorporation, Penske Automotive Group, GE Capital Holdings and Mitsui & Co.,Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates morethan 250,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations inNorth America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product linesinclude full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial andconsumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousingmanagement and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Ready to get outsideand help the customer? Apply for this position and start your job with Pensketoday.
Keywords: driver,truck driver, CDL, courier, commercial driver's license, delivery, deliverydriver, supply chain, part time, part-time, transportation, transport,merchandiser, parts driver, parts delivery, van driver, shuttle, bus, transit,Class A, Class B, school bus driver
Apply on company website