This position coordinates all processes and functions of a department and provides visibility to management by tracking, process over-sight, auditing, researching and troubleshooting operational issues or functions.
• Weigh or count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards (as applicable). Follow daily parts control function, including track and trace, production schedule analysis, and exception management. Provide parts follow up ensuring optimal material flow.
• Assist in the development and presentation of customer analytics, key trends, and solution proposals during internal and external meetings. In addition, assist in continuous improvement and cost savings initiatives.
• Work with customers to resolve stock shortages, meet deadlines and answer questions. Proactively seek opportunities to improve customer inventory and material flow processes. Timely and accurate communication of critical issues to manager and customer.
• Examine current processes and implement, or recommend improvements to drive out waste. Follow processes that are set by Engineering and assist with the implementation of any process and transportation design changes.
• Work with suppliers to correct part/shipment issues. Track shipments to ensure shipment deadlines are met. Work with carriers to resolve issues in transit or at customer facility.
• As assigned by the Manager
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
• 1 year of inventory/auditing/transportation experience preferred
• Fundamental understanding of transportation, supply chain and logistics
• Ability to learn and operate various inventory and transportation management systems, in addition to extension applications.
• Ability to follow processes and procedures
• Data Analysis skills required
• Strong problem solving and time management skills required
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and multi task required
• Ability to follows process and standard procedures
• Experience analyzing large sets of data preferred
• Advanced computer skills including Excel and Outlook required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the hours necessary to accomplish the job duties, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website