This role will spend significant time conceptualizing, developing, and leading the development of Penske’s connected data quality processes. This includes leading the analysis of existing data related processes and functions across departments and data systems, conceptualizing automated data processes, and gaining buy in. This position will drive system integrations that enable the effective use of the data across the enterprise (internal departments, customer facing tools and potentially new data-oriented revenue-earning product offerings).
• Develop a data quality and governance vision and strategy for Penske’s connected data to be fit for use and accessible across the enterprise
• Identify data quality issues and data process gaps --develop recommendations and requirements for the solutions.
• Create and enforce a set of rules and policies and processes regarding customer and connected data
• Lead data analysts responsible for applying data governance processes to ensure fitness of data elements across the enterprise.
• Work closely with IT to develop solutions.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, or related field required
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in business, marketing, or IT with a focus on data science, or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of data analysis experience required
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of analytics methods and practices
• Experience with conceptual and logical data modeling
• Knowledge of tools to query and manipulate data in varying file formats
• Knowledge of industry best practices, master data management (MDM), data governance, established data management principles
• Ability to serve as a liaison between functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements are clearly aligned, defined, and understood
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Apply on company website