The schedule will be Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
A Penske Auto Technician II will diagnose, adjust, and repair automotive, light truck and van series of equipment including, but not limited to the following: repair major components or remove/replace major components including the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little supervision: Engines (gas and light duty diesel), Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Suspension components, Power steering systems, and Steering gear box (manual and power).
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, emission systems, fuel system components etc. with assistance.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Verifiable practical maintenance and repair experience with Automobiles, Light Trucks, and Vans.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 608/609 certifications
- A valid Drivers license
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Able to use and operate any and all diagnostic computers and equipment required by the vehicles operating within the district.
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district and work at any station or shop within the district if required.
- Maintain current ASE or State BAR certification for brake inspection and repair (A-4).
- Have required tools to perform all maintenance and repair work as required by the vehicles operating within the district.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the
ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Apply on company website