Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and its impact on business operations, Penske is temporarily delaying our hiring for most positions within our organization. We expect to have positions like this available in the future and are looking to identify talent for those roles today. Our recruiting team is actively reviewing and engaging with qualified candidates for phone screenings at this time. Please do apply if you are interested.Gopenske.com
What's the Job?
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift and fuel your career as a CDL Class A/Touch Freight/Regional OTR Truck Driver for Penske. Join a team of professional truck drivers committed to delivering products safely and on time. We're proud to move freight for some of the world's biggest brands. (Yes, we're more than just the yellow trucks.)
You'll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for having the best equipment, great management, clear communication and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of our driving positions, you're home weekly. Yes, weekly.
Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for Penske.
• Route/activity: Drivers are responsible for delivering mattresses to customers in South, Central, and West Texas.
• Shift: This is a regional position. Drivers layover in the truck 3-4 times per week.
• Equipment: Tandem Axle Sleeper Cabs; 28' and 53' dry van trailers.
• Compensation: Earn up to $70,000 plus annually.
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly.
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
• Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic violations, and damage before and after route.
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer.
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily for most positions
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• At least 22 years of age
• CDL Class A license required.
• 1 year of verifiable tractor trailer driving experience in the last 3 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
When you join Penske, you're joining a team that cares about doing its best. We work together to ensure the customer is satisfied and the highest level of safety is reached. That's true for the nearly 5,000 drivers driving for Penske across the country.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. We have operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, and we provide supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world, including Ford, GM, BMW, Whirlpool and more. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Want to learn more? Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com.
Apply on company website