What's the Job?
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift and fuel your career as a CDL Class A Truck Driver for Penske. Join a team of professional truck drivers committed to delivering products safely and on time. We're proud to move freight for some of the world's biggest brands. (Yes, we're more than just the yellow trucks.)
But it's more than that. It's about incredible customer service and building relationships with your accounts. When you drive for Penske, you're representing Penske, but you're also representing your clients. In fact, you'll probably be driving their branded trucks and wearing their uniform.
You'll be on the move with Penske and so will your career. We have tons of training opportunities for you. And with locations across the nation, you can also move to a new city.
Best of all, you'll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for having the best equipment, great management, clear communication and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of our driving positions, you're home daily. Yes, daily. Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for Penske.
• Route/Activity: Safe, professional, on time deliveries across Western PA and portions of Ohio and West Virginia. Bump docks or use liftgate with some touch freight. Electric pallet jack experience preferred.
• Shift: Early AM dispatch with a consistent weekly schedule.
• Equipment: Day cabs with 48' and 53' trailers.
• Compensation: Earn $27.50 per hour! Hourly pay with overtime after 40 hours.
• Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
• Safe and responsible operation of assigned equipment.
• Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
• Primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily for most positions
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• CDL Class A required
• Currently hold, or ability to obtain, a non-excepted interstate DOT medical card required
• 1 year of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 3 years required, or 2 years of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or accidents
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website