Looking for a great career? Penske Logistics is ranked among America's Best Employers by Forbes Magazine!
Penske Logistics is seeking Transportation Customer Service Coordinators to monitor route status and provide required information using Transportation Management Systems and electronic resources such as web portals and email.
This position supports a 24/7 operation and flexibility to work weekends and holidays are required. We are looking for all shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd)! The pay rate is $17/hour plus a $1.00/hour shift differential for 3rd shift.
This position will initially be located at 3940 Olympic Blvd, Suite 300,Erlanger, KY 41018, but can operate remotely once trained.
- Acts as the first line of contact for customer's routine reporting requirements, providing the customer with status updates as needed
- Communicates effectively with customers and drivers providing concise instruction and/or information through verbal and written communication methods
- Answers and processes requests received through inbound calls and emails in a timely manner
- Monitors routes for exceptions/abnormal route conditions, and provides timely feedback to internal and external customers
- Escalates all non-routine customer inquiries appropriately to solve operational issues
- Serves as the primary contact for data collection, audit, and reporting of various performance metrics
- Supports with root cause analysis, use of reporting tools, and Key Performance Indicators
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
-Previous customer service experience is required
-High School diploma or equivalent required, Associates / Bachelors is preferred.
-Bilingual skills (Spanish) are an asset.
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website