Penobscot Community Health Care is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join an established and growing integrated family medicine practice in Brewer, Maine. The practice offers a full-range of services including primary care, walk-in care, x-ray, mental health, recovery treatment and much more. Join one of the most innovative, forward-looking FQHCs in the country and help us fulfill our mission of providing comprehensive, high-quality care to all.
Highlights of the Position
- This is a full-time, 40 hour per week opportunity, with 34 patient contact hours
- Provide diverse and comprehensive primary outpatient care across the lifespan
- Help ensure continuity of care over the long term with strong relationship building
- Enjoy superb interdisciplinary support and feedback from care teams including family medicine physicians, psychologists, psychotherapists, licensed clinical social workers, speech and hearing professionals, and more
- Provide integrated preventative care and educational components of care
- This position will also support our Walk-in-Care service where common procedures include: suturing, incision and drainage of abscesses, removal of soft tissue foreign bodies, closed reduction of simple fractures and dislocations, splinting
- Experience preferred, new graduates welcome to inquire
- Nationally recognized Federally Qualified Health Center offering an integrated Medical Home Model
- Highly inventive, creative and dynamic programs and care models
- Engaged, supportive patient population
- Collegial professional atmosphere with informed leadership
- Flexible schedules supportive of work/life balance
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Medical student loan repayment & relocation assistance
- PCHC cares for the WHOLE person, offering a broad range of services, including Psychiatry & Mental Health, Dental, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Geriatrics, Lab & X-Ray, Physical Therapy and Podiatry all within one organization.
Penobscot Community Health Care: is a non-profit FQHC governed by a board of community volunteers and comprised of sixteen practices and program service sites in Central Maine. PCHC is recognized as a leading primary health care provider and teaching center – offering dental, family nurse practitioner and pharmacy residency programs alongside our integrated primary health services.
Greater Bangor, Maine Metro: a historic, riverside area just an hour from Maine's gorgeous Acadia National Park and Maine's storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle – and be inspired by all of Maine's natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine's third largest city, with its own International airport. It's a short drive to Boston (3 hrs.) and Portland's quaint Old Port (2 hrs.). Limitless 4-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private educational opportunities make this area highly desirable for professional families.
Our mission is front-and-center in everything we do; PCHC's highly trained and dedicated teams of health professionals are a reflection of that. You will be working with motivated, caring individuals that have a passion to bring the highest level of patient-centered care to the community.
Curious, or interested to learn more? Apply today or reach out to Recruitment@pchc.com for more information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website