The VP of Marketing will be responsible for Paycom's B2B marketing and communications strategies and all related activities for a dynamic, high growth company. This position will also lead effective strategies in public relations, social media, reputation, distribution channel management and sales enablement. As a member of the executive team, you will work closely across departments of a fast-moving organization to ensure initiatives are understood and executed to hit key performance indicators. You must be able to work cross-functionally, independently and in a fast paced environment.
OBJECTIVES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide executive leadership in identifying, analyzing, and qualifying winning strategies for adding new business; develop metrics or benchmarks for measuring new business capture success.
- Collaborate with the executive team to plan, implement and manage an integrated marketing plan to drive maximum revenue.
- Lead, develop, and maintain a high-performing marketing staff; communicate company and business goals, set goal expectations and measure success.
- Work collaboratively with sales team to create processes to fuel market penetration and growth
- Develop unique value propositions and business partnerships targeted toward key client segments to increase market penetration.
- Own positioning, messaging, branding, segmentation, strategy, and creative direction focused on continuing Paycom's evolution in the human capital management software space.
- Continually analyze, evaluate, plan and execute on both existing and potential marketing tactics and strategies.
- Deepen audience insights through developing significant quantitative and qualitative understanding of brand and market trends including awareness, perception, and engagement by audience targets.
- Establish product strategy, roadmap and tactical execution of priorities for marketing for all Paycom products, working closely with executive leadership to deliver best-in–class, market leading, competitive solutions.
- Gather and analyze market intelligence on our competitors, clients and prospects to determine how they buy and how to win over the competition.
- Responsible for the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance Paycom's image and position within the marketplace as well as facilitate internal and external communications that positively impacts the organization's brand position.
- Coach, mentor and raise the entire team's ability to deliver and exceed expectations.
- Communicate the value proposition of the products and solutions to the sales team and developing collateral and other sales toolkits to support the process.
- Managing product launches to introduce new products, features and functionality and expand addressable markets.
- Act as a recognized and active expert in marketing, brand and voice of the customer for the company by continually educating and sharing work and knowledge as well as blazing a trail of creativity and innovation
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Public Relations or related field required
- MBA preferred
- 20+ years of strategic and innovative marketing experience with a publicly traded company or other high growth business with revenue in excess of $250 million, and at least five years in a senior leadership role in software as a service (SaaS) company.
- 10+ years of direct marketing and PR experience, with increasing responsibility and demonstrated leadership at a high growth organization.
- Well versed in digital and social media marketing with a track record of proven success.
- Broad understanding of marketing channels for message delivery, including direct and digital marketing, advertising and marketing communications.
- Direct experience in managing both national and several regional marketing campaigns at one time.
- Ability to communicate clearly and timely with "internal & external" customers.
- Demonstrated track record of success leading marketing for publicly traded company or other high growth business with revenue in excess of $250M.
- Demonstrated track record of lead generation and sales enablement to drive consistent year over year sales growth.
Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate and innovative business thinker adept at developing and implementing successful marketing and sales strategies. Ability to be both strategic as well as tactical in the approach to marketing, and product management.
- Finely honed planning skills with the ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels. Ability to position the company for long term success.
- Highly developed written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively work with the other members of the leadership team and industry leaders. Operates as a visible team leader for the Marketing group and is constantly building rapport across the organization.
- Energetic and infectious leadership in a fast-paced environment, and draws energy from change as opportunity
- Able to articulate a vision and a strategy in a way that inspires the team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to select, develop, and retain a high-performing marketing department.
- A clear bias for action and solution-orientation
- Ability to marry insights & data with storytelling, narrative development, and messaging
- Customer focused and driven
- Strong business acumen
- Strong collaborative and motivational leadership style Strong strategic and analytical background with proven ability to use analytics to assess performance and identify opportunities for optimization and additional scale.
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website