The Manager, Product Management works with stakeholders to grow revenue and usage of assigned product(s). This role is responsible for leading a group of Product Owners in the execution of the product's roadmap rolling out functionality to clients and driving adoption and usage of new features. This individual understands, and is able to articulate, the current and future needs of those using Paycom products, and the state and overall competitive landscape of the industry. This role will create, socialize and sell an actionable strategic innovative vision for the assigned product(s).
- Develop and own vision for assigned product(s) to ensure Paycom holds competitive advantage within the industry. Complete annual fit/gap analysis of assigned product(s) to industry. Utilize fit/gap results, industry trends, competitor information, Product Management input, and stakeholder feedback to update product roadmap.
- Align with system-wide goals by working with appropriate Product Managers, and Product Owners to ensure assigned product's roadmap complements overall system goals.
- Socialize and gain approval of product vision and roadmap. Socialize product vision and road map with internal users, Senior Leadership, Product Management, Development, and stakeholders to gain buy-in on product direction. Review and update 2-year roadmap quarterly.
- Create and execute strategy to drive product adoption, efficiency, and usage. Create and execute a rollout strategy to ensure successful implementation and adoption of system changes. Participate in discovery sessions with stakeholders on an ongoing basis to understand business processes and how changes to the Paycom system can improve the everyday lives of those working within it. Coordinate with internal departments to ensure accurate and effective system training, feature implementation, and creation of marketing collateral when appropriate.
- Facilitate advisory councils and manage user councils including internal client-facing groups and external client-based groups. Coordinate monthly meetings with these groups to review the product roadmap, discuss new opportunities, and socialize current development.
- Create and execute plans to achieve quarter over quarter targets related to revenue growth, efficiencies gained, and product usage growth.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, software developers, and QA analysts in the development of new features and continually ensure that new features align with product roadmap. Work with team of Product Owners to prioritize the order of features to be spec'd and developed. Keep stakeholders updated in the progress of new developments.
- Planning, managing and overseeing the operations and activities of their team to ensure department objectives are met; responsible for professional development of their team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in MIS or related field required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 6 years of experience using and managing systems or custom applications related to assigned product(s) required
- 2 years of experience managing or leading a team
- Experience using development principles, Agile, and project management strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with varying personalities
- Ability to act as a liaison between various teams
- Insatiably curious and able to synthesize complex information into simple communication
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Ability to operate with no supervision and provide guidance to others
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining organization and timely completion of projects
- Ability to influence all levels of an organization
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website