The Communication Specialist is responsible for communicating pertinent information to customers and employees by providing, creating, writing and coordinating exceptional communication strategies for various assignments, including but not limited to, customer product updates, new laws and regulations, corporate newsletters and various training materials. This individual seeks to improve communication strategies and consistently use the corporate style in order to promote the professional image of the company. This individual will explain, in detail and simple language, how to use the Paycom system including how to complete payroll and human resource responsibilities. The goal is to make things that are otherwise difficult to understand easier for the average user.
- Gather information, write, rewrite, edit and proofread any applicable documents and materials for the Paycom Online website for both customers and employees.
- May include but not limited to technical manuscripts, manuals, newsletters, handouts, training/webinar calendars and other training materials.
- May include editing information or formulating text for the Paycom website.
- Writing, editing and proofreading companywide emails and documents as well as external communication to existing Paycom customers.
- Create and develop training materials to better train customers and internal employees on the companys products and processes.
- Edit and format documents in accordance with appropriate specifications, styles and branding.
- Maintaining the Help Menu, housing all training materials on the Paycom website.
- Adheres to all policies of Paycom including those outlined in the Paycom Employee Handbook.
- Handles related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- High School graduate required.
- 0 - 2 years experience in editing, communication and/or technical writing.
- Experience in accounting, payroll and/or human resources preferred.
- Experience with a variety of writing styles: technical, creative and marketing preferred.
- Proven communication, technical writing and editing skills
- Superior command of the English language including rules and usage
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, project managers) to develop content, training materials, manuals and videos
- Proven ability to create creative, unique and relevant content
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications, Adobe InDesign and Captivate
- Quick learner and well organized
Leadership/Human Resource Management, Decision Making, Customer Service, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Interpersonal Relations/Teamwork, Organization Awareness, Communications, Self/Life Management, Continuous Improvement/Innovation and Change, Technical Competence.
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website