The Android Developer is responsible for fast-paced Android software development for both internal and external projects. They will work closely with other development teams to align Android application features with department goals and expectations. This position will also serve as a subject-matter expert for Android technologies and development.
The Android Developer is responsible for:
- Planning and development of a wide range of Android software applications for new and existing high-availability applications
- Acting as a subject-matter expert for Android technologies and development
- Collaborating with a range of development teams for completion of Android projects
- Overseeing entire SDLC from planning, design, development, integration, and implementation of Android applications
- Gathering requirements from internal and external sources
- Communicating with team members and development leadership on new or existing project timelines, direction, etc.
- Working with junior developers to instill good coding practices and grow their skill set
- Developing and executing a Development Operations (DevOps) strategy to ensure quality software deployments and overall application health and performance.
- Regular attendance required
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of native Android development experience and have built large-scale, high-availability Android applications
- 3+ years of significant native Android application development written in both Java and Kotlin
- Advanced knowledge of Android 6 – current version with strong knowledge of upcoming beta Android OS versions
- Strong Java, and Kotlin programming skills, as well as additional experience with other programming languages
- Experience with local data storage such as Realm
- Knowledge of Web views, cookie management, session handling, etc.
- Knowledge of a wide range of Android development tools including Android SDK, Google Firebase, etc.
- Proven ability to write clear, concise, and manageable code
- Experienced developing in an Agile environment
- Skill with hybrid environment technologies is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment
- A portfolio of apps published on Google Play Store is a plus but not required
- Ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the mobile world, where it is going, and be able to share opinions, ideas, and thoughts around the subject
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website