At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Senior Operations Financial Analyst supports Operations by training and advising Operators to elevate their financial acumen and improve their financial performance. This position works directly with the Finance team, providing actionable insights in form of reports and analysis. The Senior Operations Financial Analyst analyzes food, labor, and other costs and their respective drivers to help Operations achieve their financial and operational targets.
• Creates and publishes reports and presentations with actionable insights at store, area, region and zone level as needed.
• Extracts and synthesizes data into management reports
• Helps troubleshoot and resolve common data accuracy issues with financial reporting and systems and makes recommendations to resolve them
• Coordinates the preparation and presentation of regional financial plans and interprets trends and financial results of the regions.
• Creates and publishes KPI reports by working closely with Finance, HR, and IS.
• Partners with Operations through one on one or group interactions to address any requests, identify opportunities or resolve issues.
• Develops financial reporting for varying levels of management within the region, effectively communicating actionable and impactful insights. Builds credibility as a trusted partner within and outside of Finance.#LI-ZP1
• B.A./B.S. in Finance, Accounting or Economics or equivalent education and experience required
• Minimum five years of experience in restaurant, retail or hospitality industry; Operations experience preferred
• Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda's Mission, Values, and Culture
• Thorough understanding and ability to conduct financial analysis
• Strong knowledge of the principles, concepts, and practices in accounting
• Strong knowledge of financial modeling
• Understanding of restaurant operations and its impact on financial matters preferred
• Working knowledge of profitability analysis and financial planning process
• Understanding of statistical analysis
• Knowledge of financial modeling
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
• Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, presentation, and training skills
• Strong computer/technology skills and highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong financial and data analysis skills
• Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Strong assessment skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to solve complex problems independently
• Ability to make financial presentations to a non-financial audience
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and pay close attention to detail
• Ability to work positively and negotiate with Operations and other departments (“win/win”)
• Ability to coach and train Operations leaders and others
• Ability to think strategically
• Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website