SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Nutrition Care Assistant you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Overland Park Regional Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At OPRMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Nutrition Care Assistant where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Under close supervision of the Patient Service Manager and or Chef the employee could work many positions depending were the need is. They will prepare patient tray for accuracy, process patient diet orders from nursing, compiles and tabulates menus for tray line and production, delivers trays and nourishment's to patients, assists patients with menu selection, answers telephone and records information on appropriate forms to assure compliance.
- Assembles nourishments and floor stock in order to maintain unit kitchens per established par levels.
- Works closely with staff to check modified diets.
- Washes and sanitizes dishes, small and large equipment, pots and pans.
- Remove waste from department.
- Sweeps and mops all floors in kitchen and cafeteria.
- Could be cross-trained to be a cashier and if is make sure they go through training on proper cash and change transaction.
- Stocks condiments and beverage stations adequately and cleans cafeteria thoroughly.
- Cross-trained in any other area and position within the kitchen.
- Post high school course or equivalent related to therapeutic diets preferred.
- Ability to read and write; able to meet time standards.
- Must be able to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Basic knowledge of modified diets preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills required in order to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and provide service in a friendly manner.
- Minimum of six months in a hospital food service operation preferred.
- Customer service work and computer experience desirable.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Food Services opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website