DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as an Emergency Department Clinical Nurse Coordinator? At Overland Park Regional Medical Centeryou come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million to our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At OPRMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Registered Nurse where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
From heart attack to stroke to gunshot wounds, motor vehicle accidents, or just fractured bones, ER nurses see it all. ER nurses learn to quickly triage patients based on immediate observation and acute assessment skills, then to treat symptoms in order of life-threatening priority.About this Unit:
- The teamwork in our 23-bed department is excellent.
- Our shared governance council in the ED and the involvement of our staff in the shared governance in the hospital allow our nurses to truly impact the decisions that are made in the department and the overall hospital.
- Because we are an accredited chest pain center, a comprehensive stroke center, and a level two trauma center we see some of the most complex patients that allow for an incredible learning environment for any nurse.
Under the general supervision of the unit's director or designee the Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
QualificationsWhat Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation.
- BLS, ACLS & NIH Stroke certification required and maintained. TNCC & ENPC within 6 months upon hire.
- Activity in professional organizations encouraged.
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is preferred.
- Continuing demonstration of clinical and leadership competency.
- Commitment and understanding of staffing matrix/productivity standard.
- Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safety initiatives and positive patient experience.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the standards of nursing practice.
- Displays judgment and superior problem solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Emergency Department Clinical Nurse Coordinator opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website