DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Come and join our StaRN Residency Program! We invite new graduate RN's to apply for this unique opportunity. The next programs will begin on:
June 20, 2022 - Med/Surg, PCU, ICU, and ER
July 27, 2022 - Med/Surg, PCU, ICU, and ER
August 1, 2022 - Med/Surg, PCU, ICU, and ER
August 15, 2022 - Med/Surg, PCU, ICU, and ER
$7,500.00 StaRN Program Sign on Bonus available!
The StaRN/Residency is a yearlong residency which begins with a 11-16 week (depending on specialty), PAID Classroom/Preceptorship program. It allows new graduate nurses to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program. Open positions will vary throughout the year, and positions will be offered based on needs of the hospital, but units that typically hire StaRN residents include:
- Medical Surgical
- ICU, PCU (limited)
- Emergency Services (limited)
Part 1: StaRN Training – First 5-8 Weeks (depending on specialty):
- Instructor-led classroom training
- State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
- Certifications needed for each unit
- Training on charting systems
- The schedule is typically Monday-Friday, with 40 hour work weeks (8 hour days)
Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship – Next 7-8 Weeks (depending on specialty):
- Conducted at the hospital
- You will be assigned a one-on-one preceptor to train you and acclimate you to your role
- Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
- Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
- The schedule is typically three (3) 12 hour shifts at the hospital
Part 3: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of your 1st year
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital and continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- Current Florida RN license or Multi-state Compact RN license
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, within past 1 year
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training program
You are more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
- Paid Family Leave
- 401k Match
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Student Loan Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And more!
Exceptional People. Exceptional Care.
HCA Florida Osceola Hospital is a 404-bed tertiary care hospital accredited by The Joint Commission and are designated as a Level II Trauma Center. We are also a teaching hospital in collaboration with UCF College of Medicine. The hospital campus is centrally located in the heart of Kissimmee, accessible from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana..
We are committed to continually enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services to include: Emergency Care, Trauma Care, Pediatric ER, Heart & Vascular Institute, Comprehensive Stroke Center, The Baby Suites maternity care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II, Women's Services, Behavioral Health, Orthopedics & Spine and a Graduate Medical Education Program.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website