DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Rapid Response Registered Nurse that you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Orange Park Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Orange Park Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Rapid Response Registered Nurse immediately evaluates our hospitalized patients with early signs of clinical deterioration on non-intensive care units in an effort to prevent respiratory/cardiac arrest, admission to the ICU, to preserve the quality of life. The Rapid Response Registered Nurse is part of an expert clinical team in the acute care area, whose main goal is to prevent deaths and arrest hemodynamic decline in patients outside of intensive care units.What you will do in this role:
- You will respond to house-wide, emergent situations including Cardio-pulmonary arrests-Code Blue, Code STEMI, Code Strokes, Code Shock, Code ICE, Trauma Alerts and increasing MEWS scores.
- You will be empowered to call a rapid response code at any time yourself and/or when the Rapid Response team feels additional nursing expertise is required.
- In emergent situations, you will lead the emergency response team until a physician arrives.
- In collaboration with the patient, patient's family, and other member of the healthcare team, you will assess, plan, implement, evaluate and coordinate treatment plans.
- You will check with the Critical Care Charge RN to assess the needs of unit between rapid response patient care.
- You will participate on committees to improve the quality and outcome of Rapid Responses/Codes.
- You will assist in developing and implementing staff educational programs to improve house-wide response to emergent patient situations. This may include traditional in-services, poster presentations and/or mock drills. Educational needs are identified through monthly data review for our Sepsis, STEMI, Stroke and Code Blue data.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you may need:
- Graduation from an accredited school of Registered Nursing is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Successful completion of TNCC (Trauma Nurse Core Courses) or TCAR within 12 months of entering this position is required
- Prior Critical Care/Intensive Care Unit experience is required
HCA Healthcare has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Rapid Response Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website