Optum is looking for a Full-Time Palliative Care Physicianto join our team in Los Angeles, California. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patients needs.
If youre looking to join a physician-led community that is making a difference in healthcare, Optum is the place for you. Our initial online application process will take you less than two minutes to complete!
- Clinician to join our newly redesigned Palliative Care Program
- Plenty of growth and leadership opportunities
- Monday - Friday : 8am - 5pm
- Average Patients Per Day ~10-12 PPD | 60 mins for new patients and 30 min follow up appointments
- Patient Mix : Adult patients with advanced cancers and patients >65 with end-stage chronic medical conditions e.g., CHF, COPD
- No weekend or after hours clinics but phone call coverage required in rotation with other clinicians
- A majority of the time will be spent between an office setting and visiting patients in a home setting
- Dedicated support staff : Care Partner or Social Worker assigned to each patient depending on needs
- Unrestricted California State Medical License
- Current California DEA certificate
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Critical Care, Palliative, or Geriatrics Boarded MD/DO with previous experience highly preferred
- Previous experience in a managed care setting and working with medically complex patients
- Medical Spanish preferred but not required
- Robust Benefits Package and Bonuses
- Leadership Pathways and Partnership
- Supplemental Compensation
- CME Reimbursement and Related Time Off
- Paid License Renewals
- Malpractice Tail Coverage
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Wellness Program
Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here youll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Optum is looking for a Full-Time Palliative Care Physician to join our team in
Apply on company website