Odle Management – A subsidiary of Eckerd Connects
Reports to the Finance & Administration Director and is a salaried, exempt position. Responsible for the overall operation of the center Food Services function. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring, and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates and abides by Odle Core Values and operating principles.
- Supervises overall operation of the center food service component.
- Plans, coordinates, and develops procedures necessary to operate center dining facility effectively, efficiently, and economically.
- Plans and coordinates with Purchasing and Finance personnel the purchase of food and foodstuffs.
- Assists in preparation of departmental budget.
- Maintains a complete inventory file on food and equipment.
- Maintains strict safety and sanitation codes and procedures.
- Prepares menus and determines the quantity and quality of all foods ordered.
- Submits weekly activity and other reports as required.
- Instructs departmental staff in sanitation and safety procedures.
- Interviews and selects staff.
- Prepares and conducts performance appraisals.
- Responsible for ensuring that equal employment and affirmative action goals and objectives are met.
- Attends required staff training sessions.
- Assesses personnel needs and works with the Human Resources department to screen and interview potential staff. Recommends promotions, transfers, and merit evaluations within the department. Conducts and prepares performance appraisals.
- Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
- Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and extensive institutional food service management experience.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in Food Service Management, Hospitality, or related field.
- Prefer three years broad-based experience in an institutional food service capacity, one of which was in a lead or supervisory position.
- ServSafe food safety certification.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record preferred.
Additional Requirements: Knowledge of federal, state, county, and city regulations for legal operation of a food service facility. Ability to effectively relate to trainee population. Knowledge of good nutrition, especially as it relates to youth. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Knowledge of OSHA regulations. Must meet state or local food handling requirements, whichever are more restrictive. Position requires an ability to operate office equipment. In addition, an individual must be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective working relationship with all facility staff and departments.
Odle Management is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Odle Management considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Odle Management is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
The employer of record for this position is Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. DBA Eckerd Connects which assigns employees to Odle Management Group, LLC.
Apply on company website